Sign in to follow this  
Guest dgwhit

Extreme Landscapes V2

Guest dgwhit

I can't find a post on this!1. Will Extreme Landscapes V2 cause any problems with Radar Contact V4 (with new FSX update)?2. If not, will the installation of it cause a drop in FPS in FSX?Thanks,Don

Hi Don,It seems to be enhanced terrain mesh so no, I wouldn't think it would cause any problems with RC just as FS Global for FS9 didn't cause any.Hard to say whether it will reduce performance in FSX. If you vary the terrain mesh values in FSX see how much that affects performance. This product looks to be doing much the same thing.FS Global didn't have any significant impact on FS9 performance for me but that version is much more frame-rate friendly.EL is also compatible with FS9 so you might install it in that if you still have it and see what difference it makes.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest dgwhit

Thanks Ray, I just got carried away and bought the scenery in a package from Abacus along with their two new planes certified for FSX. The scenery is also new and rated for FSX. Had tons of FScene and some other stuff, but have not tried any of that yet.Anxiously awaiting the new patch for Radar Contact for FSX. Absolutely the best add-on for simming there is. Have been a supporter myself for many years.Installed a new hard drive in my system and did not re-load F9 and the tons of add-ons that I had. Sorry I didn't now that I am dealing with much much slower fps and still tweaking FSX. Hopefully they will come out with an upgrade soon.Happy Holidays!Don

Hi Don,The FSX update shouldn't be too long. JD will make the announcement. I hope you manage to improve your FSX frame rates. I wasn't impressed with what I saw on Microsoft PCs at a recent UK Flight sim show and will be staying with FS9 for some time yet.Happy Christmas!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather