Sign in to follow this  
Guest cirurgiao

JD maybe I discovered the trouble with RC & WideFS config

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, JDAfter a lot of trouble I'm posting you this question:My brasilian XP Pro by default creates a FS9 files / FSX files folder (in which the flights are saved) in another location than the usual AppDataMicrosoftFS...The path is "C:Documents and SettingsEduMy docsFS..." instead of ...EduAppDataMicrosoftFS... I discovered that both FS9.CFG and fsx.CFG (I wrote exactly as they appear) are present in ...EduAppData... BUT NOT IN MY DEFAULT ...EduMy docsFS filesSo maybe that "Run-time error '62' RadarContact.rcv4module.read_atcnames" msg displayed while trying to run RC in a widefs config could explain the problem.I've never had any trouble at all running RC with FS9 (FSX had some troubles as I reported you) in one pc, but when trying widefs config things really become weird, like rcv4 doesn't know what to do and where to find flightsims, as it tried the usual ...EduAppDataMicrosoftFS9/FSX but is directed by my brasilian XP Pro to ...EduMy docsFS9/FSX and then finds only saved flights, no FS9.CFG or fsx.CFGFrom what I see this is why all of you may have been thinking "how dumbier can this guy be?" although maybe, just maybe, this is not my fault.Big problem is that the only way to get WinXP Pro english version is to buy it abroad and that is a very long way to go before trying something else.Eduardo

I've come late to this thread but I should explain that as far as your flight files go RC in its plan retrieval allows you to browse to the correct path as you've noticed. You can set your path to FLT/WX files from the main page. The fact that Edu or whatever is in the path name should not be a problem.The listing for various airline and ATC names reside in files under the data folder under your RCV4 folder. Also the folders script and winwood under your RCV4 folder contain respectively the voice files indexes and the voice files themselves. These are local on your RC machine.When setting up your main pc folders for sharing be sure to set permissions appropriately. On the widefs client machine use drive letter mapping to these shared folders and in setting up your paths on the client use these pseudo drive letters, not the original host drive letters.I apologize if this has already been covered.

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, RonThanks for coming in.1)I know about setting path to FLT/WX files (already did it while using one pc) but it's my first try at widefs and although ASv6.5 seems to work okay, same thing doesn't apply to RC4, so that error message continues coming back.2) Have no idea if Documents and SettingsEduAppDataMicrosoftFS9 or FSX works the same as Documents and SettingsEduMy docsFS9 or FSX files So my point is that maybe this difference between an english-written WinXP Pro and a portuguese-written WinXP Pro (because there may be a lot of confusion with RC - which I think reads FS9 / FSX files in AppData - in a wideclient trying to communicate with a wideserver without the usual path) may be the cause.Don't know if your understand what I'm trying to say about language difference because portuguese-written version creates another folder - EduMy docs - where go all the saved flights from both FS9 and FSX even though it still creates an EduAppDataMicrosoftFSs (in which go everything else but the saved flights). I think the fact that most of you work with english-written version - without any My NameMy Docs folder keeps you from this kind of trouble.If I had the english-written version all to do was follow the usual instructions about configuring network and wideserver/wideclient.What I think is that RC doesn't find things in this widefs config so "Run-time error '62'RadarContac.rcv4module.read_atcnames"keeps comingDon't know if this kind of error can be fixed.I'm beginning from scratch now. Installed in wideserver FSX in 2nd drive and FS9 in 3rd drive. Installed RC4 in wideclient 2nd drive (FS utilities) but neither pasted the key received nor installed v4.01 to run with FS9 because I tried to resolve the error thing.One very, very, dumb question, but I do need to ask:Have I to be running both FS9 in wideserver and WideFS in wideclient when I run RC for first time (time when one is asked to paste the key)?Thanks and I hope that my explanations helped you "see" my problemEduardo