Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

Plane Data additions ?

Is it possible to add a new Airline/Company Name and Callsignto the database so that it will properly appear as selectablein the "Plane Information and Options" applet?Thanks,Ken

Ken Boardman

if the callsign has already been recorded, we can problably do something.if the callsign hasn't been recorded, then you'll have to wait until v5. what is the callsign you want to add?

I should be spanked >> Cause I did not back up my c4.csv data filebefore I experimented with it in Excel. Thought I was being careful, but ..... ~:) Probably will need to reinstall unless you can email me a replacement file. My email is elsmoko@cox.net. Getting back to my original question, is Great Lakes Aviationassociated with Northaire? Regardless, this reference maybe OK for my purposes. I'll assume then, that adding companies and callsigns beyondwhat is originally installed is not an easy thing todooo ~:)and should not be undertaken by the average end user.Thanks,Ken

Ken Boardman

adding things that aren't there, is not do-able. you have to have all the people who have recorded, record your one wav.that's why we only make updates to wavs, once with each release.i'm sure someone will send you a c4.csv filejd

Ken,Yes, Great Lakes and Northaire use the same callsign of GREAT LAKES. This info comes from official documents.Subs> Getting back to my original question, is Great Lakes>Aviation>associated with Northaire? Regardless, this reference may>be OK for my purposes.

Hi Subs, The "Great Lakes" that I refer to is meant to be Great LakesAirlines > Call sign "Lakes Air". Apparently Northaire usesthe call sign "Great Lakes". I cannot find any info relatingGreat Lakes Airlines to Northaire Freight Lines in a businessfashion. Great Lakes Airlines is a relatively small operationflying B1900 and EMB120 aircraft and code shares with Frontierand United I beleive. What official doc did your info come from Subs?JD, As for my c4.csv file problem, I reinstalled RCV4 and thenecessary updates, etc and all appears to be back to normal ~:)Best to all,Ken

Ken Boardman

when i originally answered, i did a search of the .txt files in the controllerscripts directory, and found "great lakes". i gave you the carrier that uses that call signs.it has been pointed out to me, that what i said was incorrect. you want "lakes air". that is not in v4, and isn't in v5.i'll add it to v5jd

That would be nice JD. I fly for Virtual Frontier airlines andand we fly many of our "Jet Express" flights in the B1900D andEMB120 as Code Shares with Great Lakes Airlines > callsign="Lakes Air". Many of us fly on VATSIM, but I honestly do most of myflying offline at the present time using your awesome RadarContact program > been using it on and off for years (think I started with FS98 or FS2000). Glad to hear that there's an V5 coming. Will it be geared specifically for FSX or is it designed to work with FS9 also?Many thanks,Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

right now the plan is for v5 to work with fs9 and fs10. that may change.v5 will build on what we have so far. i think you'll like it.

Hi KenMy apologies, in between misreading your post and mis-writing my post, I gave you wrong info. Yes, Great Lakes uses LAKES AIR and Northaire uses GREAT LAKES.And as jd said, unfortunatly LAKES AIR hasn't been recorded but it has been added to the v5 list now.Subs

Many thanks for the reinforcement Subs `cause I wasn't 100% fersureon this one. Just completed a "Notams" flight from KDEN to KTEXat night in the Great Lakes B1900D > what a blast !! I'll be using the Northaire ("Great Lakes" callsign) thatyou put me on to until Great Lakes Airlines gets added >> prettygood substitute methinks ~:) Best regards,Ken

Ken Boardman