Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

Rebuild Scenery DB - WideFS

Hey guys.Running RC over WideFS, Working really well, except that when I just tried to do a scenery rebuild, it did not ask me if the install was WideFS, and instead went straight to "Rebuilding R4 csv", or whatever it says.This has worked as advertised in the past, up until today actually, and as far as I know I haven't changed anything in RC since 4.2 was released.Any ideas ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hi Brian,Sorry for the delay in replying. I've only just spotted your post.Can you confirm a few things.Which version of FS and RC are you using?Is FS installed on your widefs machine - or is there a registry entry on the widefs machine pointing to the network path to FS? Do you get a message that RC is running makerwys.exe and does the makerwys program actually run? If it does run does it seem to run rather slowly compared to the way it normally did?If the latter is happening and makerwys takes too long to start and then run you could try the following as a work around.Back up your existing a4.csv and r4.csv files found in RCdataRun makerwys.exe manually on your FS machine (it should be in your main FS folder).Start RC and click rebuild scenery db.When makerwys starts to run click cancel and RC should then complete the rebuild as normal.All the best,John

Hello John, thanks for the reply.To your questions:Which version of FS and RC are you using?RCv 4.2.3831 WideClient machineFS9.1 WideServer machineThis is what I get immediately after clicking the rebuild button:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/163359.jpgi.e., no option to navigate to the FS machine.Moving a4.csv an r4.csv resulted in RC starting with the same message as above, and ending with:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/163360.jpg

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hi Brian,Before you try to rebuild the scenery database click the 'debug' option. Then try again.On your first screenshot what happens if you click OKDoes makerwys start to run?Once you have done all you can look in the file rcv4.log in your main RC folder. It should tell you where RC thinks the FS installation is located. Post the contents here.Something else you could try if makerwys doesn't run.Run makerwys.exe manually to create the r4.csv file.Rename makerwys.exe to xmakerwys.exe (or anything else you want).Try rebuilding the scenery db now.Are you asked if it is a widefs setup?All the best,John

John,RC doesn't seem to care how I rename makerwys.exeI can't tell uf RC is trying to run it or not, I don't see it running, but who knows.Here's what I get in the log:debug onRC Version 4.2.3831 June 6, 2006C:Program Filesrcv4rcv4.exe fs9path = fs8path = fs7path = fs6path = xpath = del .dataa4.csv cd " "makerwys.execopy r4.csv "C:Program Filesrcv4datar4.csv"

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hi Brian,Try deleting the file makerwys.bat in your main RC folder then try again. If that doesn't work I think I'll have to hand this over to jd.All the best,John

No dice, even a complete uninstall/reinstall hasn't worked.Will manually moving the r4.csv suffice for now ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

delete the dataa4.csv and datar4.csvcopy the r4.csv file from the fs machine to the rc machine's data directoryrc will rebuild a4.csv upon startup jd