Sign in to follow this  
Guest zsoltszivak744

Need a little advice

And remember that if you are refused the PD the first time just keep requesting and eventually you will get it. My record is about 7 for an approach into EHAM. The greater the number of runways the less chance of success at the first time of asking. Time of day is also relevant.A little undocumented feature of RC :-)Glad everything worked out for you :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest zsoltszivak744

Thanks jd, will try the PD descent request here in a few, still a little confused about the crossing restriction, so I'll try to sort it out as well.I'll be sure to ring if I hit a wall. Thanks: Zsolt

the crossing restriction (both types) are WELL documented in the manual.have you flown any of the tutorials?jd

Regarding the crossing restriction you can use the FMC fix page to generate one with a crossing restriction.The crossing restriction generally occurs 30 to 40 miles from destination. I just use the FMC fix page to put a distance ring of 40 nm around the destination. After you start descent you can use the predictive descent arcs on the ND to be sure you are at the commanded altiude by the time you reach the ring. Just do an idle descent and adjust V/S to give you a constant descent to the ring. To me this is easier than creating a specific fix with a hard crossing restriction for insertion into your legs page. If a waypoint is already at the distance required then just on the legs page insert a hard altitude for it and VNAV will take you there.

Guest zsoltszivak744

No I haven't yet but I will check them out, too eager to fly elsewhereZsolt

Guest zsoltszivak744

Thanks man, sounds like a plan,will definately try it.Zsolt