Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Trouble with PMDG 737NG

So far, everytime I fly the 737-900, ATC says after a while that I'm off course. When I check everything including the FS Flight Map, it shows that I am on course. Is it just the aircraft or am I doing something horribly wrong?Also, I've been flying out of London Heathrow and Gatwick lately and constantly have icing problems during my climb out. Is there anyway to tell ATC that I'm having trouble with my guages tempararely or just trouble in general due to icing? I also lost my guages on decent into JFK once. Does that fall under an electrical emergancy?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

For version 4 please visit page 61 of the RC manual for procedures in emergencies. You can request different resolutions from ATC.Regarding course differences first in FS realism settings you have your environment set for magnetic headings on your instruments. The default allowance for course heading differences is set for 15 degrees. If you wish to increase this it can be set in the General tab preflight along with other tolerances. If you are flying very long segments (more than 150 nm miles between waypoints there could be a discrepancy due to varying magnetic variation as you progress as well as plan heading variances present in "Great Circle Navigation". RC monitors your heading to see if it complies with the FS plan heading. If you have seperately programmed your plan in the FMC and composed the FS plan for RC using a different planner, there could be a conflict between the FMC waypoint database and that of your planner. The heading RC expects you to fly is in the status line with the next waypoint listed. I use an external flight planner that exports plans to both the FMC for loading as a company route and to FS9 for loading by RC to insure the plans are synchronized.There was one version of FSUIPC which briefly existed that reported the wrong coordinates to the aircraft and RC. Please be sure you have version 3.71 obtained from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlYour current FSUIPC registration will be sustained. It is a good idea to make safety copies of your FSUIPC.ini and .key files in another folder somewhere other than in modules.Check the RC manual section regarding waypoint tolerance and credit. If you miss a waypoint you will be declared off course and vectored back to it. If you want to be allowed to continue to the next waypoint go into the extended menu and request a direct to.For FMC guided LNAV learn how to do a direct-to on the FMC on the LEGS page, and advance the waypoints in the RC window as noted in the manual. Within a short time period during changes the next waypoint in the RC window should agree with the top waypoint on page 1 of the LEGS FMC page.Regarding your aircraft problems make sure your pitot heat probes and if necessary due to temperature and precipitation wing and engine deicing are turned on at the appropriate times. If you are using the PMDG model you will find this in the just to the right of the middle toward the top on the overhead.Using the PMDG menu reached via the FS menu bar on a loaded flight you should get to the option to program failures, if this is your question.If you are losing gauge power then make sure you are in some form of electrical generation/battery charge condition. When parked with engines off and parking brake on in the electrical section bottom of the overhead select ground power. Before pushback make sure the APU has been started and allowed to stabilize, then transfer power to it. Set your pressure bleeds to the APU and engine bleeds off to provide pressure to spin the engines for starting. After the engines have stabilized transfer your power source to the engine generators and set the bleeds to the engines on and the APU bleed off. During any of these phases monitor the overhead panel to insure the battery does not stay in discharge mode. The battery pack without charging generation working will only provide about ten to twenty minutes of power depending on the power load. After you have achieved a stabilized climb you can shut down the APU. Depending on destination airport facilities you may require starting and transferring power to the APU during taxi in prior to docking. Ground power can not be activated until the engines have spooled down.Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the help. Apperently my FSUIPC was from April. I thought I had the up-to-date version but I guess not. I hope this solves my flightplan problems. I do however use FSBuild to generate my plans and have only had problems with this particular aircraft. But I flew from Singapore to London on the 744 without any problems.As for the icing, I did have my deice and pitot heat on but the conditions in London are so bad right now, I guess it was too much for the aircraft. That's also probably why the real pilots aren't flying either.Finally, my displays froze on the 744 after a trans-atlantic into JFK. It also didn't freeze from FL180 to the gate, everything went back to normal at about 12000 but during that time, it was as if I was running on battery power. Only the captain displays were on and they weren't showing the change in altitude. I had to rely on my backup instrements. The Autopilot was still working though. I also posted this problem in the PMDG forum but since it happened only once, I figured it must've been an isolated incident.Thanks again!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

With the 737NGs I found you must use the simicons for the different panel views and not the shift-number key combo to bring them up. I was experiencing the same problem. With using the simicons the problem has not returned with frozen instruments.I am also using FSB 2.3 by the way.One thing to note is that the trigonometry used by RC to calculate headings between waypoints as opposed to that of the FMC heading calculation can be different and over long legs significant differences might occur as I earlier mentioned.I believe it was last April that the FSUIPC coordinate problem surfaced and was corrected. Let us know if your update helps.

Hi Ron,I've actually always used the simicons for the different panel view for both the 737NG and 744. But the failure happened with the 744 and not the NG. It also had only occured this once so I guess it was a temparary glitch.As for the waypoint problems, I've realised something else. I just purchased and installed the -800 and -900 for the 737NG. Before I installed this, RC was working fine. It was only after that I would always encounter this problem and it now happened on the 744 as well. (This being the first time I've flown the Queen since installing the 800/900.) Should I try reinstalling RC as well? I just don't remember if I would need another key or if my current one will still work.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Just check your FSUIPC version in case the Queen install overwrote it.RC uses the waypoints from FSB or other planner. If you are importing into the FMC from FSB the same plan used by RC, I don't see how that would help. just make sure your RC build is 4.2 per the instructions at the forum top.I do not have the Queen so I'm not familiar with the install.I do have the 737NG 600,700,800,900 as packaged by Aerosoft on CD.I installed the 600/700, then 800/900 per instructions on Aerosoft's site, then the appropriate patches. If you have the Queen there is a specific order to install all three sets. I do not have the waypoint navigation problems you are experiencing.I assume as discussed, we are not talking about using the FMC database which has its own SID/STAR structure, nor are you programming the waypoints individually into the FMC. The only thing that might have changed with the 800/900 upgrade would be the FMC database. Also in the PMDG I think there is a setting for the ND to set the direction readout to track or heading.I recall this topic was discussed on the PMDG forum here on AVSIM. A few of their developers asnd support people use RC so they might be aware of any problems. I'd search that forum.

Just to check did you see the rebuild of your scenery database on the install?I also assume you ran the series of upgrades to get to 4.2?I'm glad the reinstall worked for you but I'm scratching my head what might have happened unless something and if so what happened with the PMDG 800/900 part of your install that might have clobbered RC.

I just purchased RC a short while ago. It came as 4.2 and I've never seen the rebuild of my scenery database during installation, first or second time. I ended up doing it manually from the main screen.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg