Sign in to follow this  
louiseSEUK

Key request

Dear JD and all,Merry Christmas!I've sent a couple of mails to you requesting a new release code - I know from previous experience that this has been a quick turnaround; however I've not heard back from you, and wanted to make sure that you'd received the request? It was sent from leo dot stretch at gmail dot com, but was registered from a btinternet.com address of the same nameThanks!Leo Woking, SEUK (nr EGTF)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Louise

London, UK

LeoAh glad to know it's not just me. Normally response comes back in a few hours, but after requesting key I have now been waiting almost 48 hours. Had to reinstall RC4 on system due to new install of Windows - and will probably have to request additional keys when I put the upgrades to 4.1 and 4.2 on.JDIf you can assist us, please advise so we can get airborne again asap. Many thanks.RegardsMark

i'm away from my desk, and can't tell if these issues have been resolvedmany keys are going out successfully in my absence. you have to do a couple of thingsuse the same email address you used when you purchased radar contact.you have to format the email properly, or press the button on the registration screen that does everything for you.if you want to do it manually, put "RCv4 Key request" in the subject linein the body of the email put the product id, and your first and last name. like this99999999 ! firstname ! lastnamesend it to register@jdtllc.com, from the email address i have on record.within an hour you should have your keyif you are using freeserve.co.uk - my isp does not accept emails from this isp, since they are blacklisted.jd

JD.Thanks, I have been following instructions as above, but still no success. I will try again now.RegardsMark

two keys went out last night. one at 1:20am est, and the other at 1:36am estdid you not receive them?did you check your junk mail folder, or your junk mail filters?jd

John,Thanks received both emails this morning (GMT time), however on opening and entering the code (using copy + paste), RC4 shuts down. On re-opening, it prompts again for the code - something is not working!I also assume from the instructions that if I have RC4 installed on an second hard-drive (which I do), I will need new key codes after installing 4.1 and 4.2. This is going to be a LONG process! Anyway of shortening this procedure?RegardsMark

in 4.2, i changed the algorithm in calculating the product id. it only affected those people with rc on a partition other than c:to shorten the process?use the email address that you used when you purchased radar contact (unless you have notified me of a change of email address)subject line: RCv4 Key Requesttext of email: nnnnnnnnn ! first name ! last namewhere nnnnnnnn is the product idsend it to register@jdtllc.comdon't include anything else in the email. don't include why you're doing it, don't put anything else in there, except what i need to knowto make it even easier, the button on the registration screen properly formats the emails (Text and subject), properly addresses it, all you have to do is press send.jd

JDThanks, email requesting key resent... As you had received my earlier emails I presume I had been sending OK - the problem was that the supplied key did not work.To answer your other points :Yes, I have RC4 installed on a drive other than C - basically that is due to limited space on my c drive. So I need a new code with each update?By "shorten the process", I meant that I will need a key for 4.0. I upgrade to 4.1, and need a new key. Then again with 4.2. I didn't know if there was a way of going directly to a 4.2 key.Looking at your website, the 4.1 and 4.2 upgrades look very worthwhile, so don't want to lose the improved features.Before my Windows reinstall I used RC4 all the time. Default ATC is poor when I am used to RC4, flying just ain't the same.Thanks for your help.Mark

you will need a key for 4.0the same key will work with 4.01if rc is installed on c: the same key will work with 4.2it was only the 4.2 upgrade that i needed to change the algorithmyour key will go out at 14:00est

Thanks, received the code.However it still doesn't work, in these cases I think the only option left is to try a complete removal and reinstallation of RC4. I can only guess that it's retained part of my original RC4 installation.REgardsMark

i don't think it will helpsend me a screenshot of the rc registration screen, and your keyboard.dat file

JohnCorrect, it doesn't work.I get the email code as follows :Your Radar Contact Version 4 key is GJANABKNLLHMJMMDOEBENPMPBMDGLHAG ---------------------------------------------------------------- -1666978860 ! Mark ! Battison I enter it as per the attached screen dump, the registration screen then closes. I restart RC4 and get the same message, RC4 is unregistered.Keyboard.dat file is also attached.Please note I will be away for next 3 days, however any replies/answers will be checked when I return on Tuesday.RegardsMark