Sign in to follow this  
lotus

RCV4 and SKYTALKTEAM - REAL ATIS

bye,I would like that there was possibility to interact rcv4 with realatis..is it possible???

I looked at the description. I did not notice where it got its information from, that is, only from downloaded RL METARS in real time, FS weather applications, etc.I found one discrepancy in that it states any ICAO airport can have it which of course is not true in the real world. You tune to a nearby airport if available or use VOR weather reports via FSS or automated broadcasts on VORs.It looks like there has to be some dialog configuration for each airport besides dialect.I do like the feature of runway condition and NOTAMS. I do not know how that would apply to the FS9 world in that I do not think the standard weather interface does not provide that information. A link would have to be created between RC and a weather application that it can interface with. The information would have to be in the METARS so it can be stored and extracted when needed.I'd have to know how it synchs up with the FS world at the time of flight. If it can be listened to by tuning a comm then no special interface to RC is needed. One thing to consider is that RC landing runway priorities are first based on active AI use. It would have to match FS AI flow first as well.

I see the only link regarding this product is at Simmarket. At present there is no support web site, only a yahoo mail box. If you are interested in this product I recommend (my opinion only) that some of the questions be posed to the developer (realatis@yahoo.com - there does not appear to be a support site yet) regarding FS world/AI information synchronization. Perhaps it is meant for an on-line ATC application only.I should note that Radar Contact does give you the active runway based on AI use or if there are no active AI the runway choice based on its runway use priority algorithms. It is important that the same runway be assigned that AI are using to prevent conflicts. Sometimes weather is not the only consideration in choosing runways. You can, of course, at your own risk choose other runways.My personal preference is that these features be offered in a future version of Active Sky. I am currently using version 6.5.

Guest skyTalkT eam

Dear colleaques!Let us explain some features of Real ATIS Add-On. Hope it will help you to understand this application main purpose and make a decision about using it.1. Real ATIS can work both together with RC4 and independently. RC4 has its own ATIS, but Real ATIS has someadvantages as against it. Using Real ATIS you can set ATIS frequency manually, working with COM's selectors directly, or using MSFS ATC menu. The main advantage of Real ATIS is "real world distances" work, so, we canreceive and articulate the weather information on 150-170 NM, as real world does. For example, if you'll set KLAX ATIS frequency on COM1, make COM1 active and take off from Seattle, flying South to KLAX, Real ATIS will automatically starts its sound when your distance from KLAX will be near 150-170 NM. So, you'll have time to investigate approach schemes (base on active RW information), prepare to altimeter set, estimate weather condition etc.2. Real ATIS collaborates with FSUIPC, and ask weather from it. Because, most of "weather generation" add-onsuse FSUIPC too, the MSFS weather and Real ATIS weather are the same.3. There is only one condition for active RW selection for Real ATIS - the wind direction. For current version we don't take into account the other conditions like as traffic etc. In most cases it works fine.4. About NOTAM. Real ATIS doesn't get this info from MSFS environment. This info is stored into Real ATIS config, and set by user. Real ATIS will articulate this info together with standard weather-related ATIS info.NOTAM will be prefixed as "Information for airmen : ...". In our oppinion it can improve the feelings of reality in virtual flights.5. Real ATIS works in any MSFS airport which has an ICAO code. Our next update, which coming soon, lets user be able to set for ATIS broadcasting even ports without ICAO codes (there are a lot of such ports in North America).6. We need to say again, the Real ATIS is not a replacement of brilliant Add-On RC4. RC4 is a big program related to complex processing MSFS ATC, but Real ATIS is just a small Add-On to make ATIS functionality closer to reality.

thanks for the explanationgreat concepti would suggest looking at #3 above again. we spent many weeks arguing amongst the beta team which runway to report as active. in the end, as long as the ai are landing/departing on a runway, that is the active runway, regardless of wind direction. the hope is, one day the ai actually choose the appropriate runway based on wind, and all of our programs will be accurate. until then, we all look amateurish for choosing a runway that has a tailwind.the alternative, is pick the runway based on wind, ignore the ai, and potentially take off and land with ai coming at you head on :-(jd