Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

RCv4.3 (3840) won't scan FS9 scenery

Hi JD,Just installed 4.3 final as suggested in the other thread. On my WideFS/Wideclient machine, rcv4 -> WideServerFS9 and rc4x -> wideServerFSX.My WideClient machine has registry entries for both FS9 and FSX across mapped drives to the WideServer PC.When I attempt to rebuild scenery with rcv4 (FS9) it keeps scanning the scenery out of my FSX path instead of FS9. I've tried manually forcing the makernwy.bat file to my FS9 path but it reverts back to the FSX path upon the next iteration of RC.Debug from my rcv4 (FS9) path.debug onRC Version 4.3.3840 June 6, 2006C:Program Filesrcv4rcv4.exe fs10path = X:Flight Simulator X fs9path = Z:Flight Simulator 9 fs8path = fs7path = fs6path = xpath = X:Flight Simulator X del .dataa4.csvX:cd "X:Flight Simulator X"makerwys.execopy r5.RCv4.2 would "only" find my FS9 path so it was never conflicting with FSX scenery.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

are you running fs9 and fsx?for now, run makerwys in your fs9delete the rcv4dataa4.csv, rcv4datar4.csvcopy the fs9r4.csv to the rcv4datar4.csvrun rcv4, the a4.csv file will be rebuilt, and you're good to gojd

>are you running fs9 and fsx?Yup, both FS9 and FSX on the WideServer PC.>for now, >>run makerwys in your fs9>delete the rcv4dataa4.csv, rcv4datar4.csv>copy the fs9r4.csv to the rcv4datar4.csv>>run rcv4, the a4.csv file will be rebuilt, and you're good to>go>>jdOK, that makes sense. Will do. Sorry, I was running v4.2 against FS9 and v4.3 against FSX. It never occured to me until your new instructions that v4.3 could be used against FS9 too. I followed the "FS9 & FSX" instructions this morning (upgrading both rcv4 & rcv4x to v4.3) and that's why this bug is only showing now.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>run rcv4, the a4.csv file will be rebuilt, and you're good toIs the a4.csv file supposed to be created by simply re-running rcv4 or do I still have to press the "rebuild scenery" button? I did:del "C:Program Filesrcv4dataa4.csv"del "C:Program Filesrcv4datar4.csv"copy "Z:Flight Simulator 9r4.csv" "C:Program Filesrcv4datar4.csv"the new r4.csv file was now in the rcv4 directory, but the a4.csv file was not recreated after starting rcv4. When I then pressed the "rebuild scenery" button, makerwy.exe ran again scanning the FSX path.Is there a way to "rebuild scenery" without re-running makerwy.exe automatically?Thanks...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

when rc notices that the a4.csv file is missing, it will rebuild it from the info in the r4.csv fileyou don't need to rebuild the scenery database, once you follow the stepsdelete the dataa4.csv, datar4.csvmanually run makerwys in the root of the fs9 directorycopy the r4.csv file to datarun rcv4.exejd

After copying over the r4.csv file and upon restrarting Rcv4, it is not recreateing the dataa4.csv file. It changed the date-time stamp on the c4.csv file.When I try to load a FP anyway, I get an error window:Run-time error "53"RadarContact.Rcv4module.get_departure_infomration

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Understood. Thanks. All we need is a way to tell RC which version of FS we want each copy of RC to use against. An .ini file or a a command-line switch to the rcv4.exe seems to be the easiest.We had the exact same problem with ActiveSky v6.5. Damian wound up giving us an alternate .ini file that we declared as a command-line arguement in the "target" line of the startup icon.Pehaps, just give us the ability change the the ~rc4.exe target to read "~rcv4.exe fs9", then, you source-in the "fs9" arguement" and then ignore the FSX registry entries and only use the FS9 paths if this arguement existing in the target line.No worries, I'm home on vacation until Jan. 3rd if you need more beta testing, JD. I can give it daily priority.Standing by...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I tried using the RC on FSX. How do you get the ADVDISP module to work on FSX? I copied the modules over to the FSX module file which contains FSUIPC but it will not show up on the FSX menu. Only FSUIPC does.Mike

Thanks for the response. I didn't know about the FSUIPC display window. It works fine now. I have tried the FSX RC 4.3 and so far it seems to work, except that when I press 2 to get ATIS I am getting both the FSX ATIS (green band across the screen) and the RC ATIS, both talking over each other. I cannot find how to eliminated the FSX one. I've turned off all ATC windows under FSX General menu but the FSX ATIS still persists. When I press 1 to get clearance the FSX ATIS stops. Any ideas?I am currently running RC on FS9 on Ver 4.2. So now I can run both FS9 on Ver 4.2 and FSX on Ver 4.3 until you get the FS9 Ver 4.3 fixed.Mike

turn the ms atc volumne down to 0make sure the fsuipc multiline display window box is checked in fsuipcyou can right mouse click the green window, and click closejd

Thanks for your help. I completed a flight on FSX using RC and everything went well. The only thing I noticed is having to right click the FSX ATIS window off when asking for ATIS using RC but thats no big deal.Thanks for enabling the use of RC in FSX. It's a great addon!Mike

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, JDI'm running FS9 in wideserver, rcv4.2 (3831) in wideclient so far without any trouble.After creating rcv4FSX folder in wideclient, did copy all contents of rcv4.2 to there, then upgraded to rcv4.3.3839. Went to FSX root and run MakeRways (it created r4 and r5 files).Run FSX, then run rcv4FSX to rebuild database. It asked if it was a widefs config which i confirmed and during the process it was said that r5 hade been found.In rcv4FSX it only does appear r4 (not r5), like it copied r5 turning it to r4.When trying to run FSX with KSEA-KSFO departing from gate 12 small, rcv simply sent me to another place in KSEA airport. Weird.Question is r4 and r5 do the same work or it should be r4 copied to rcv4FSX/data?ThanksEduardo