Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

RCv4 Update Problems

I seem to having problems updating my software with the downloads.... After updating should my version number be 4.3xxx, or 4.03xxx?My CD is just marked V4. Even after apparently successfully installing the 4.1 download, i then get two separate versions of the software! After that, 4.2 cannot find the update path.Guess i must be doing something wrong, but i keep trying and keep re-reading here.

the properties of rcv4.exe after the 4.3 upgrade will be build 3840the splash screen of rcv4 will say build 3840the top of the rc main screen will say 3840i don't understand how you have two versions of rc. could you explain that further?

My word.... you're 'on the ball'. Don't you ever rest????I ended up with two entries on my 'start menu': one for v4 and one for v4.1.I've just now UNINSTALLED to start again! Do i have to register between each upgrade, or can i just install, addon the updates, then register?BTW, LOVE this product - thankyou!

re-install, update, update, update, and then try the last 4.2 key you gotif it doesn't work, send for a new key (you'll get it sooner, without my manual intervention if you click the email button on the registration screen)jd

Ok jd, just tried that.4.1 installed with no problem.4.2 says it it can't find rcv4Although it says it's installing to F:...... it then halts on error with it can't find it in D:Seems a little confused (like me)

Oops..... just reread the info..... think i'm there.I was trying RUN 4.2 as an update - sorry!

put your directories back the way they were, and let me see what is going onfor now 4.3 is not availablejd

OK JD, as suspected.... COMPLETELY due the very technical term, known as..... complete user idiot!At some point, thinking it was itself a 'patch', i had renamed the 4.2 update file to 'RCV4.2_update' and saved it to my FS9 backup folder. This what i've been trying to use.This meant that the shortcut on my MS-Office toolbar was still pointing to the old exe file!Sorry to be a complete 'plank' and waste your time. All is now well.