Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Wrong AI announced.... ??

While sitting at FAJS, an incoming AI was announced as 'Air Force One'. That was odd, because I don't have Air Force One scheduled to land there. What showed up was a Pan Am 744!I checked my aircraft.cfg to make sure I had to correct airlines listed in the atc_airline and they are all correct. Currently I have Air Force One scheduled only on 1 flight and it's nowhere near Africa. Where does RC gets it's callsigns from?It's probably an error in something I've done, but I can't find it.Can you help?

I think I know what may have happened, which I'll need to check and perhaps correct as required. There are a lot of 'military style' callsigns that RC has in its database, like GREYHOUND, BIGDOG, JASPER, etc. There are too many to record so most of them are assigned to voice as "AIR FORCE" instead. One of these may have been the military callsign CLIPPER (which is also PanAm's callsign?), which then voices as AIR FORCE.So I think in your situation at FAJS, CLIPPER 1 was therefore incorrectly voiced as AIR FORCE 1. This should be fixed in v5.Either that, or the prez was on that PanAm flight ;o)Subs

you're probably right because I remember hearing other 'air force' aircraft called but not being able to see them I didn't notice until today. I wouldn't have had military aircraft flying at that time but I do have a boatload of Pan Am flights and they were called 'Clippers'. Call me nostalgic. Anyway, thanks for clearing that for me. Now, about sending the prez to Africa on a 1 way ticket... oops, let's not go there!

Hmmm, something else maybe wrong here. First, if your other PanAm flights are called Clippers then there is no reason why this particular one would be different. This situation at FAJS, was this a one-off occurance, or does many of your PamAm flights regularly get called AIR FORCE as well?I also checked RC's data file and unlike what I posted earlier, there doesn't seem to be any interference between PanAm and Air Force flights.Idealy, if this occurs regularly (PamAms being called AIR FORCE), use TrafficLook.exe (modules folder) and report back here what TrafficLook displays in it's list. Then we can see what's happening and rectify the problem/fault.Subs

Come to think of it, another wise thing to do would be to look at which flights land at FAJS using the number "1". Then you can narrow down which airline/airlines/air force jets are causing the problem.Subs

checking flights in and out of FAJS we have a South African flt# 1 and funny enough,Pan Am, flt #1. The Pan Am flight arrives just at the time of the above occurrence. South African flt #1 would have arrived and departed long before..... mmmmmm