Sign in to follow this  
Guest vanderlay

landing ground handoff

Guest vanderlay

Hi All,I am new to RC and the prog has been working ok with the exception of no handoff to ground after landing. I get the approcah to final fine and then permission to land but after touchdown it seems to stall with the advdisp showing the landing instructions. When should the handoff occur? on wheels down or after a period of time? I am using GAP1 airports and has happened at EDDM LOWI EDNY. RC itself does not crash as after touchdown I can still select end IFR.xp pro sp2fs9RC V4.2superflightplanner 3.0.3.339attached are fligtplan and rc filepln = file #1rc = file #2Thx for the helpArt ps this flight plan will not load into the fsgps, any ideas?

only save/export to .pln format, never to .apl format.what is the rc file? where did it come from?tower tells you to turn off at the next taxi way and contact ground. is that happening?then once you are off the runway, you contact ground for final taxi clearance.jd

Guest vanderlay

Hi JD,>only save/export to .pln format, never to .apl format.I use save to fsgps -> 2004/rc>what is the rc file? where did it come from?I found this file in the flightplan folder for fs with the same name as the .pln (was .rc4 sorry)>tower tells you to turn off at the next taxi way and contact ground. is that happening?No that is the bit not happening, advdisp still shows landing instructions and opt to cancel IFR>then once you are off the runway, you contact ground for final taxi clearance.still to come I guessthx for the quick reply good customer service!

Guest vanderlay

fsuipc v3.70i will try a different aircraft - been using 308b fs9 stock - and also 3.71 and report back latter today.How close to the ground do you have be? is it exact or 10ft etc?thx

I noticed that you are having a similar problem I have. Normally I turn off the runway and since i havn't recived instructions to contact the ground, I taxi in anyway. After a while, I finally get a handoff to ground control but I'm half way to the gate by this time. Is this normal JD? If so, I would try this Art.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

wheels in contact with the ground is sufficient. i'm counting on fsuipc to tell me if you are on the groundjd

i'd like to see a log of the problem both of you are having.have both of you rebuild the scenery database in rc? maybe the runway isn't where i think it is.does it happen at every airport or just one or two?jd

I have rebuilt the Scenery database. Recently, I also had a problem inflight with the ATC always redirecting me to previous waypoints. After that I reinstalled RC and today was the second flight since reinstalling. I landed at Honolulu and this time I recived immidiate handoff. Normally though, I don't but I also landed on 4R because we had a cold front move through today. Normally 8L is used for landing.Once similarity I notice though is that when I exited 4R, I didn't taxi on to a parallel taxiway. Normally the taxiway I end up on is parallel to the runway. ex. 16L YSSY and 27R/9L EGLL.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Guest vanderlay

Hi JD, It will take me a while to get back to you as my computer was stolen last night...tis the season:(thxArt