Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

RC and AFCAD

I think this was answered once but can't locate the thread because it was part of something else. Anyway, where does RC get its frequency and airport info from as well as the aircraft themselves. Does it not read from the AFCAD info or does it have its own self contained database. And as for the aircraft callsigns. How does it read those? Seems like it would have to read the info from the aircraft.cfg ? no, yes? Just curiousity questions.

frequencies are in a self contained file called f4.csv file. don't edit it with notepad, and don't do it unless you know what you are doing. make a backup of the file before editting it.aircraft call signs are in a file called c4.csv - same rules apply as above

ah, I see. So one last question then:In FS4 there are 'lesser' airports that don't have any parking or frequencies set up. I go in and 'remodel' them so that the AI's and myself can fly to them. Will RC never recognize these or does it already contain all of the world's airports? Was just wondering if the airport wasn't modified for use in AFCAD, would RC be able to 'direct' me there? I got kind of wordy, hope I made made myself understandable. Thanks again

when you rebuild the rc scenery database, i read all of your scenery, and include your airports, and runways.frequencies are static. you can edit them if you know what you are doingjd