Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

MSFS language

I received MSFS X in French for Xmas. will RC be compatible with a non English version of MSFS?Thank you.

i haven't tested it, so i don't know for sure. maybe someone who has can answer the questionjd

Check your Windows world settings. Is your decimal place a "," or ".". You may need to set this so it is a ".". In addition you will probably want a "," to separate thousands when used. This falls under the Windows international settings and you may have to set this for US.I do not know how the FSX French version handles this. There may be a setting for numerical format in there as well (International setting) which should be set for US to be sure.This is true of a lot of FS Add-Ons.You will need version 4.3 of RC when it is re-released as well as version 4.x of FSUIPC. See the release notes posted here on installing for FS X.RC controllers speak the English language (as is an established international ATC standard) with appropriate accents when available. Altimeter pressure will be delivered in inches (iHg) or millibars (mb) as appropriate to your area of flight. Altitudes are spoken in flight levels or feet. Altitudes are entered into the RC Controller options as flight levels (feet divided by 100) for cruise altitude and transition levels as feet when these need to be modified. No thousands separator is used.I assume that the flight plans exported and read by FSX French use the same format as the US version.Maybe a French user can jump in here. We do have German and Italian beta testers. I'll call their attention to this posting.