Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

RC and multiple runways

Hi guys, how does RC handle traffic that just landed for example 28L and must hold for traffic (mostly departues) on 28R to get to the terminals. Default FS ATC has the usually have the traffic hold short runwat 28R until all the waiting departues have taken off. Will RC have those aircraft waiting to cross runways cross between departues too so there will be minimal holdups in the 28R holding points.....if you know what I meen? I have these issues at KSEA for example.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I just look both ways before crossing the street :)I have a TCAS on the aircraft that lands at these type of airports so I hold short, look at it, and then advance across.In your example it sounds like FS ATC has you hold short forever if there is a long cue of departures on 28R.For parallel runways (including multiple actives with the AFCAD crossing technique) unless you have modified the actives' properties AI will land on both so both can be quite busy.If you do not mind a little cheat don't contact ground until you've crossed the active. That way you can monitor tower to get an idea of what is happening before you cross. You can also use your second comm to monitor tower after switching to ground. You'll hear MS ATC unless you've turned it down.I forgot how to hear both without confusion when necessary but you can search the threads and check the main site FAQ. It has been brought up before.Another technique for non-intersecting runways is to burn a little more fuel for taxi back, don't use reverse thrust as long or (if applicable) use a low autobrake setting, and tend to turn off toward the end of a long landing runway if the layout permits. That way AI should be above you in most cases. Although not legal it would at least avoid a collision. If the airport terminal layout is such the terminals are toward the far end anyway, that is frequently done because it is more efficient to coast at higher speed down the runway turning off as late as possible than burning fuel moving slowly on a taxiway. Just don't ack and contact ground until your off.Maybe in a later version something will be done about this. Good point.

Thanks RonBill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10