Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Departure Sequence Priority

When I'm at the runway waiting for departure, every single AI aircraft from other holding points for the same runway will get takeoff clearance before me.Today, I was departing from an intersection on 27L at Heathrow. All the AI aircraft were taxying to the normal full length departure hold, and were all cleared for take off before me. I could see a fairly long stream of aircraft taxying towards the hold, and so the only option I had was to reduce AI to 0 to clear all the taxying aircraft. As soon as I did, Radar Contact gave me line up clearance.I was under the impression that I should have priority over all the AI. Is this correct, or do I have a problem?

Hi Phil,No, you don't have a problem. The same has happened to me when I've held short further down the runway.I can only suggest you depart full-length even though you might not need to. That ensures you retain your rightful place in the pecking order.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK, but it still doesn't help when you have queues on either side of the runway. The traffic on the other side of the runway is cleared before I get clearance.I thought RC was set up so that the user aircrafts gets priority, and will get the departure clearance as soon as it is at the hold point, regardless of any AI around.

Phil,Unfortunately the Ai has a mind of its own and is difficult to control. Maybe with FSX the Ai will have a little more intelligence or will be more controllable.<>'fraid not :-( You get no special treatment. That wouldn't make it realistic would it? ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A couple of suggestions on dealing with AI:A full version of FSUIPC includes a function that allows you to set a hot key to toggle AI off then on. If you have Active Sky 6 or better the function REFRESH AI can be activated at any time.Another way to restart AI is to set your FS time a couple of minutes ahead.Some users have tried AISmooth, freeware now at version 1.2 from:http://www.sg-flightware.de/If you use this set Respond To User Aircraft off so as not to interfere with RC control of AI. With this application you can adjust AI landing timings around the airport to increase the interval between landing AI. This lets queued take-off AI get out faster. Also in this newer version turn all ATC speech settings off. RC will handle that if you check AI options for chatter (not random) and Interact with AI. Try it and if you do not get RC difficulties think about using it. It should self register like RC with FSUIPC.One thing to be on the lookout for is to insure you are close enough to the hold short line. Typical cockpit views make this estimation difficult. RC checks your position before issuing a clearance.