Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Making the Communication Screen Disappear

Hi, is there a way of makeing the communication screen go away like the default ATC for FS9? On the requirements page it says you are able to however you need a registered copy of FSUIPC. If I only have the freeware version of FSUIPC will there still be a way to make that screen go away between chatter?Thanks,Bill

bill400-68.jpg

You can do hide it manually by setting a hot key combination. Please see page 11 of the FSUIPC users guide in your FSUIPC folder. You can download the entire folder from the links described above for FSUIPC updates.If you are not a registered user for the full functionality of FSUIPC you will have to manually edit FSUIPC.INI (after making a back-up copy) in your modules folder to make this work such as adding:AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10WhiteMessages=Yeschange the text color to white and I believe ctrl-x I have defined as the key combination (described in the advanced users guide pages 20 and 21) to hide the window (here 88 is x and 10 is CTRL). These lines function in the "new" communications window (I assume you mean the RC bluish menu window) as they did in the old solid advdisp.dll window provided in earlier versions of FSUIPC.

Ron Ginsberg
KMSP Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Puddles
rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Support Team

Thanks Ron, yes I have seen the window that looks just like the default ATC window in FS9. Glad there is a way to make the box disappear via a key command.Thanks,Bill

bill400-68.jpg