Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Runtime error 6 overflow - with todays new 4-3 upgrade

I followed the new instructions.Got runtime error 6 overflow rebuilding the scenery DB for FS9Have not tried it for FX until I find out what the Error 6 overflow is about.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hello,Me too. I've followed the instructions per JD's email for an FS9 installation only (update 4.2 to 4.3) and got the same message "Runtime error 6 overflow" when rebuilding the database.I've tried restarting my pc and still getting the same message.Any ideas?ThanksAndy

I sent jd an e-mail about this earlier but no reply yet.I hope a re-install of everything will not be nesessary.We best sit tight and see what the error means .. might be something simple.

Best Regards,

did you copy the makerwys.exe from the zip into the root directory of fs9 and fsx?is the first thing you did after starting the new rcv4.exe, is rebuild the scenery database?jd

did you copy the makerwys.exe from the zip into the root directory of fs9 and fsx?Yes, gave error message.So I copied it also into another FS9 directory .. same error.is the first thing you did after starting the new rcv4.exe, is rebuild the scenery database?Yes.

Best Regards,

when you are asked is this a widefs configuration, what do you say?when asked where the fs9/fsx directory is, what do you type?can you post your makerwys.bat file that is in the rcv4 or rcv4x directories here?do you see the makerwys dialog box? does it end normally with thousands of airports and runways found?an update: i just ran the rcv4.exe build 3843 here, both widefs and non widefs decision paths, and it worked perfectly.jd

jdInitially, I was only going to apply the upgrade to FS9.So, I only copied the makerwy.exe to FS9Got the error message.I just went back and also copied it (makerwy.exe) to my FSX directory.Then started RC for FS9It could not find a (like A3 or A4 file I think) and said it would have to rebuild.OKIt rebuilt fine as far as I could tell!!I have not yet started RC for FX yet... will soon.

Best Regards,

OK, I just tried the update in FSX.Got the same Runtime error 6 overflow message when rebuilding scenery.This sure is hard for me to figure out!Seems like something is in the wrong location or it takes several rebuilds ... don't know at this point.My makerwys.BAT file in RC4 directory:del .dataa4.csvc:cd "c:program filesmicrosoft gamesflight simulator 9"makerwys.execopy r5.csv "C:Program Filesrcv4datar4.csv"My BAT file in the RCv4X directory:del .dataa4.csvc:cd "c:program filesmicrosoft flight simulator x"makerwys.execopy r5.csv "C:Program FilesRCv4Xdatar4.csv"

Best Regards,

jdI looked in the DATA directory:For FS9, a4.csv, c4.csv and r4.csv all updated OK.They all have todays date as last date written to.For FSX:a4 and c4 update OKr4 does not update (last written to date being 10-10-06)

Best Regards,

it doesn't sound like makerwys is runningdo you see the makerwys dialog box, as it runsand you're sure you copied the makerwys.exe from the 4.3 zip file to the fs9 and fsx root directories?try going to the fs9 directory, and running makerwys manually. note the version number - and report that backthen run the makerwys.exe in the fsx directory, manually. note the version numberthenrun rcv4 from the rcv4 directory, click rebuild, and when it asks if this is a widefs config, say yes (trust me)click ok to the next dialog box, then you will be asked for the fs directory. type in the fs9 directory name, and click ok. i should copy the files over to the rcv4data directory and rebuild the a4.csv filerepeat for the rcv4 directory for fsx, this time giving rc the path to the fsx directoryjd

it doesn't sound like makerwys is runningjd,do you see the makerwys dialog box, as it runs:YESand you're sure you copied the makerwys.exe from the 4.3 zip file to the fs9 and fsx root directories?YEStry going to the fs9 directory, and running makerwys manually. note the version number - and report that back:DID IT. IT WORKED OK version 3.97then run the makerwys.exe in the fsx directory, manually. note the version number:DID IT. IT WORKED OK version 3.97 again.thenrun rcv4 from the rcv4 directory, click rebuild, and when it asks if this is a widefs config, say yes (trust me):OKclick ok to the next dialog box, then you will be asked for the fs directory. type in the fs9 directory name, and click ok. i should copy the files over to the rcv4data directory and rebuild the a4.csv file:OKrepeat for the rcv4 directory for fsx, this time giving rc the path to the fsx directory:OK************RC for both FS9 and FSX start up properly now.Notes:When I first got the error again when I tried FSX for the first time I an sure I had an error in the FX "path" that I typed in.************I am almost sure that both errors on scenery rebuild were caused by:1. FS9 error: Not installing makerwy.exe into both "FS9 AND FSX" directories prior to rebuilding the FS9 OR FSXscenery.2. FSX error: A typo or something in the "path" to the FSX directory.***********

Best Regards,

Guest cirurgiao

Glad you got it. Have been following your posts.Unfortunately we are so anxious to run rcv with both FS9/FSX that we usually forget to rebuild database BEFORE anything else. To make things worse I was trying to run rcv in widefs. After A LOT OF TROUBLE I got it.Eduardo

Eduardo,jd's upgrade instructions were perfect.It is so easy to error when moving/copying files around!Some files have the same or "similar" names, two sets of similar directory trees/paths (rcv4/rcv4x, FS9/FSX) for upgrade files etc. It is very easy to get things a bit tangled!Not to mention "typo's".I do not know how many times I have typed hte instead of the.I cannot type! Whenever entering long directory paths the possibility of a typo is enormous.Gotta' be real careful!

Best Regards,

Guest Captain Dad

"Well, this is another nice mess you've gotten us into, Stanley."I'm with these guys 100% jd. Can't figure out all of these instructions worth a dang.Read them until I went blind, too. With Trifocals! New ones! Di-rect from the store. Yesterday!WHAT EVIL SCIENTIST THOUGHT THESE PROCEDURES UP?:-hang Now I'm not really sure if the darn thing works at all anymore, but I'll keep trying for the sake of our country - and my day off.:-spacecraft