Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

Problem with v4.3

jd, I downloaded version 4.3 and installed it per the instuctions. The problem is when I click on RCv4.3 it asks me for my Key. I copied my key and pasted it but the program just closes down. I bought a new hard drive and partitioned it into 2 drives: G & H. I installed FSX on drive G. FS9 and RCv4.2 are on drive C. I copied over RCv4.2 on to the G drive per the instructions and unzipped the new RCv4.3 onto the G drive (G:Program FilesRCVX. I intend to keep using RCv4.2 with FS9 for a while and they're on the C drive. Since FSX is on the G drive along with the copied & converted RCv4.3, do I need another key? Why won't it work with my valid RCv4 key?

in your case, you will need a key for each rc installation, since they are on different drives. use the process to generate the email for the key request from both the rc for fs9 directory, and the rc for fsx directoryjd

Thanks, jd. I sent off the request for the FSX installation. If I don't upgrade the FS9 to v4.3 do I need another key for that one?

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, SteveI have two pcs in widefs config (just terrific!!!)Don't like mixing OS + add-ons (firewall, antivirus and so on) with other programs so I have installed FSX in 2nd drive, FS9 in 3rd drive (game pc), all add-ons to FSs in 2nd drive (utilities pc).rcv4.3(3843) works just fine in both FSX/FS9If your rcv4.2(3831) works okay just extract rcv4.3(3843) to each rcv4 folder. RUN MAKERWAYS IN BOTH FS9/FSX ROOT BEFORE RUNNING RCV, THEN RUN REBUILD DATABASE (IT WILL ASK IF ITS A WIDEFS CONFIG - if so you need to map the path, but you didn't mention it). YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE FS RUNNING TO EXECUTE IT.Did it without any trouble at all.Trying to help because your question was same of minePS: what a terrific job JD did!!!Eduardo

Received the v4.3 key (for FSX) and installation went just fine. Thanks, jd!I'll fly my first real flight in FSX today with RCv4.3 and the PMDG Beech1900D.Copied v4.3 into my FS9 RC set up and installation went perfectly. No key was required for the upgrade.

Guest bransgore

Hi,Can RCV4.3 be installed on a drive that does not have FS9 installed.If so what is the correct sequence please. I have tried but found that I coud not install the 4.01 to 4.2 upgrade properly. Thanks.

rc can be installed on a machine that has fs installed, or on a networked pc that doesn't have fs installedrc can be installed on any driveif you are installing from a v4.0 cd, then you would install it on the drive of your choicethen you would upgrade to 4.01then you would upgrade to 4.2then you would upgrade to 4.3here are the links 4.0 to 4.01 (http://www.davevollmer.com/rcv401update.exe) 4.01 to 4.2 (http://www.davevollmer.com/rcv4_3831.zip) 4.2 to 4.3 (http://www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv4_3843.zip)what was the problem when you tried to update with 4.01? with 4.2?jd

Guest bransgore

Hi JD,I am attempting to install RCV4 0n a stand alone PC with just FSx installed (no FS9).I have installed the RCV4 CD and upgraded that to RCV4.01 successfully.When I try to run the RCV update, (rcv_3831.zip) to RCV 4.2 I get a message saying 'FS not installed which may mean you may be running RC on a WideFS machine', which I am not.It tells me to run the makernwys.exe etc. but there isn't one in the FSx root folder. The only option then is to "OK" which stops the update leaving me with just RCV4.01.I hope this all makes sense, should I install FS9 and work from that? or do you have a work around that would not involve installing FS9.Thanks for your help.Mike

if you are starting over, you don't need to run rc, after each install/upgradeinstall 4.0, run the upgrade to 4.01, copy the 4.2 .exe out of the zip and follow the directions for the 4.3 upgradeonly run rcv4 when instructed to do so in the 4.3 upgrade processjd

Guest bransgore

Thanks,I have done as suggested but when attempting to unlock it with the key provided the Registration screen disappears as it should but when RC is started again, the registration screen appears again.I have requested another key to see whether that helps.

Guest bransgore

I have received the new key and the program has unlocked OK. Seeing references to keyboard.dat files posted, makes me believe that perhaps requesting a key from one PC and entering the key on another keyboard may have caused the problem.Thanks for all your help.Mike

yes, the product id is tied to the pc you plan to run rc on. you can't get a key on one machine, and put it onto another machineyou can have as many keys as you have machines, you just have to do two (or more) requests, one for each machine, and put the key for that machine into that machinejd