Sign in to follow this  
DaveM

Winds Discrepancy

I've just completed a 1 hour flight from Bristol (EGGD) to Glasgow (EGPF) with the new 4.3 update and FSX.One minor problem occurred during the flight when being handed over to Glasgow Tower. Clearance to land at RWY23 was given with winds reported as calm! I knew from ASV and my screen readout that this was incorrect so I immediately requested a wind check (4). The response then gave the correct wind parameters as 224 @ 29 Gusting to 49. Just a minor glitch but you may be interested in logging it.Thanks for the great update.regards,Dave (CYVR)

if you think you can duplicate the problem, instructinos on how to create a log are pinned at the top of the forum. follow those steps, duplicate the problem, and send me the .log - i would be most interested in seeing thatjd

Hi JD,I've just repeated the flight and got the same discrepancy when reporting winds from the tower. I am just wrapping up the log file and will send it to you.regards,Dave

the log says, that controller 11 says, winds 285 at 12i'll look at it more in depth tomorrowjd

JD, Dave,Just checking to see if this issue was resolved. I have the same problem with every airport I've flown into so far with RC4 in FSX. Tower reports winds calm on initial contact. After a "wind check" tower reports the correct winds. Tower does report the correct winds for all AI aircraft.James

>i passed the error along to pete, who i believe is on>vacation for a while.>>jdThanks again, JD. That's twice now I've bugged you about a problem that turned out to be FSUIPC related. I think the next time I have an issue with RC, I'll pester Pete first. :) James

in this case, i needed to explain what the problem was. it wouldn't have been obvious to him. i call one routine to get the wind at one point, and a different routine to get the wind at the second point. he wouldn't have known thatjd