Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Now THIS is satellite imagery!

Guest Funky D

I saw a review of this program in the latest Maximum PC mag and checked out the web site... Incredible, check out the screen shots! Elevations and all!Pricey, but we all can dream, right?http://www.earthviewer.com/Paul

Awesome! Im downloading the trial right now. Does the trial still have all the features? Just a 14 day trial. What is stopping people from downloading it again after 14 days? I guess we will see after it downloads. Only 3.7MB!

theres some UK based scenery coming out soon which is based on aerial photos from the UK website www.getmapping.comcant wait.

Holy Crap Batman! Now all we have to do is develop a flightsim that uses this as its terrain! And we have the finest scenery ever!! What can beat reality????The shots look fantastic.Hornit

This is pretty cool, too. :-kewl Just visit this site and type in any address in the U.S.A. and then click on GET MAP and then the Aerial Photo link, and you can see a satellity view of the exact position. You can also zoom in and out. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Regards,CostasKLWMDell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 at 1.7 GHz640MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHzNvidia GeForce2 MX400 (2832)20GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive48x Variable CD-ROM DriveMicrosoft Windows XP

Guest Paul_W

That satellite zoom-in in the Flash presentation was quite a sight. Then there was another caption about "flying the globe." Believe me, I'd love to. It reminds me of those JPL-produced terrain fly-by videos.I noticed a link on the front page about a personal/home version of the EarthViewer 3D software launching in June. I think I'll wait for a bit and then download the demo. Has anyone tried the demo? What are your impressions?

MS could do this for the entire world I bet if they released FS2004 on DVD. Many of us now have DVD on our computers so it would be no problem.

Eric