Sign in to follow this  
Leoneomatrix

Can i get RC running on WIndows Vista withou any problems?

looks like installing as admin, works. but i haven't finished my testing....jd

Guest diajohn2

The text window does not work well. Other than that it works just fine in Vista Premium for me. The text is a mess.

Which FS version were your running?I have run version 4.3 under Vista with FS9. I had a couple of issues with FSX, but I don't believe those were RC issues. I have only done one flight in each sim, since I just installed FS and RC on the new PC mid-week. Hope to take out one or two flights tomorrow for some additional testing.

Well i'm using Rc with FS9 under windows Vista(Ultimate Version) and whenever i load a flight plan on RC works just fine but when i get it startedon the sim the RC ATC screen appears to be all messed up with the letter all apart from each other and when i request (1-WX) or (2-CD) options nothing happens and eventually RC quits with no explanation whatsoever, this has been my experience so far, couldn't go any further. I guess RC isn't fully compatible with Vista yet but i hope to see a Patch soon.... regards Leo

Windows Vista Premium and FSX and no problems as of yet. Have done about 5 flights without a hitch. This is in Full Screen only with an Nvidia 7900 GS, the windowed mode for fsx is black.Ian.

Hi Leo,I had two successful flights over the weekend using RC4.3 with FS9 on Vista Ultimate. If your keys are not recognized, then RC is most likely quitting due to inactivity... I think if you haven't made first contact with anyone in a 20 minute (or so) timeframe then RC will assume you have abandoned the session.Are you running the latest version of FSUIPC for FS9? What video card and drivers are you using?

Running Vista Home PremiumI had initial problems re-installing but now loaded. I CANNOT GET THE LATEST UPDATE TO WORK SO I AM RUNNING ON 4.2. 4.3 will not work on my set.THE GREEN TEXTBOX IS A MESS.Running the AdV Display cuts frame rates.Yesterday Im was trying to fly out of KGCC and it gave me an initial climb altitude of 4000'. This is lower than the airfield altitude.Having to paste the voice sets in as WINZIP will not unzip the to the Winwood folderSimon

delete advdisplay.dll from the fs modules directoryfsuipc 3.7 or greater will do the display for you. check the display multiline checkboxright mouse click the green box, and click close windowi don't know what the problem is with winzip and your winwood directory. need a little more information.

>delete advdisplay.dll from the fs modules directory>>fsuipc 3.7 or greater will do the display for you. check the>display multiline checkbox>>right mouse click the green box, and click close window>>i don't know what the problem is with winzip and your winwood>directory. need a little more information.>>>Thanks for reply.When I unzip it shows correct path but when I open folder in RCV4 no folders there except text folder. Not your problem I think could be a Vista or Winzip one.Simon

Hello dear, can't still run RC under my Windows Vista(Ultimate -64bit), please if anyone knows anything tell me, regards

My guess is that you may have a driver issue. I have run a number of flights successfully using the 32 bit Vista Ultimate. Since RC is starting up, perhaps try to create a log file... the instructions on doing this are pinned near the top of the forum.