Sign in to follow this  
misgav

Pre-recorded chatter regions

Hi,I've the pre-recorded chatter option ticked. I have Ultimate Traffic with FS9 at 80% traffic density.I flew from EGKK to LFPG- not a long flight, with a DH Dash-8 to enjoy the ride.At Gatwick the pre recorded chatter kicked in right away. It co-exists happily with atc and UT traffic.It kept going practically all the way to LFPG. About 100 miles west of LFPG, the French chatter kicked in. Before that it seemed inapropriate to hear English over French airspace.Is this normal or realistic?Eytan Ornstein

Does this mean that a U.K center's control extends into French airspace?Eytan

Let me add this. What I'm expecting is that the chatter heard when flying in the London UK sector center will stop and switch to the Paris control chatter exactly halfway across the Channel. That's where the sector boundaries are. Right now the London chatter extends a good 100 miles into France.Eytan

Hi Eytan,Do you use FS Navigator? If so, you can see when you fly into a different control area. Go into Options / Map and select the two boxes that show this info. Sorry if this is a little vague - I'm not near my home PC.I've flown EGKK-LFPG many times and RC has always detected when I cross into French airspace. It isn't exactly half-way across as you might imagine but as soon as the line is crossed RC correctly detects it and orders me to contact the new controller.You certainly shouldn't be hearing London centre when over France. If that persists then upload your flight plan and I'll fly it.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You certainly shouldn't be hearing London centre when over France. Yeah but we can dream can't we?}( }( And soon it may not be just a dream. With the inevitable rationalisation of ATS providers following the introduction of the Single European Skies (SES) initiative, who knows who will be providing ATC services to whom... and where!Pete

About 100 miles west of LFPG, the French chatter kicked in.What I'm having trouble grasping Eytan is how you ended up "about 100 miles west of LFPG" on a flight from EGKK. If you mean about 100 mile north-west of LFPG, then that would put you roughly mid-channel (the English Channel that is) somewhere near the waypoint XIDIL which is on the boundary between the London and Paris FIRs.Bearing in mind the way RC has been programmed, this would be the correct place to change from UK to French "chatter".Pete

No I do not use FSNavigator. I use a freeware one(Routefinder).Anyways here's my flightplan.EGKK-SFD-BENBO-SITET-ETRAT-BERNO-EVRUX-EVX-LFPG.It takes you a bit south before heading east towards LFPG>Is this what you wanted?Eytan

Hi Pete,<>Just like we did yesterday. Most unexpected result! :-lolWhat odds on the Germans and French running the unified ATC? x( Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Eytan,I'll feed that into FSNav but from what Pete has said it sounds like the changeover is happening correctly. I'll confirm once I'm at home.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Eytan,Below is a screenshot of the plan you supplied in FSNav. The blue lines denote the FIR boundaries. You should be passed to Paris Control as you pass SITET.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168282.jpgHope this clarifies the situation.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I flew the track again just now. French chatter should have started after SITET, which sits right on the control boundary. What happened was that London control chatter continued to a point 30mls from LFPG! only then, as approach control started to vector me for a rwy 26 ils landing did the French chatter begin.Eytan

Very strange. What was your cruise altitude?Try rebuilding your scenery database. Unless anyone else on the team knows what might be happening.:-hmmm I'll fly it when time permits. Maybe tomorrow.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

"I'll fly it when time permits. Maybe tomorrow."I've just finished flying it and everything was as expected. Transfer from London to Paris was 20 before ETRAT (a tad late in the real world, I suspect, but nothing too serious) and the UK chatter stopped immediately on transfer as it should.I suspect a "refly" with Debug on by Eytan with the resulting log sent to jd may be the only way to get to the bottom of this one.PP

Alright. I'll refly this one again with debug and send the log to jd.I'm just as puzzled as anyone else would be!Eytan