Sign in to follow this  
Guest mberg

Strange panel colours with Nvidia 29.41 drivers

I installed the new Nvidia 29.42 drivers into my P3-1000, Geforce2 MX machine.At first , I thought they were great -- because , for once, I perceived an immediate frame rate increase. I used to get 12.5 at default Meigs with everything maxed in full screen mode (not that I run the Sim this way - just a way of comparing tweaks) and now I get 16-17 - a 25% increase!!So I was a happy little camper -- until I noticed that if I changed from windowed mode to full screen mode , I get this strange looking colours on my panel. Stranger still -- if I RIGHT click anywhere on the screen (which brings up the views menu) and then simply LEFT click also anywhare on the screen , the horrible colours instantly go away and I'm back to normal until the next time I go from windowed mode to full screen.I HATE video drivers!!!Anybody else seeing strange things like this ?Barry

I was having this problem before I installed the 29.41 drivers. It goes away if you use 32bit color.

I have exactly the same problem with the 29.42 drivers. were youable to resolve the problem and if so how. I am using 32 bit althoughI also tried 16 bit without any success either way.YoursJohn

Try turning off AA (anti-aliasing) in the hardware setting in the game.

Perhaps I misphrased -- I was having that problem before I installed 29.41, but the new drivers haven't cured it. It goes away with 32 bit colors, with or without anti-aliasing. The only time I see it is using 16 bit colors, although I can't remember if AA was on or not. Maybe one of the other setting will help. Try messing with T&L and mip-mapping.Win 98sePNY GF3 Ti200

In my case, only going back to the 12.41 drivers cured this problem.This driver problem has been evident for any of the 2x.xx series drivers that I have tried.The discoloration is in the lower part of the panel (the part that is not covered by the background scenery) and only when a message is displayed on the screen (like the red fps or blue atc messages).You can pull down the background scenery to the bottom of the screen and make this problem disappear, at the cost of fps.. :-(I use 1024x768x16 and 2xAA..If anyone knows of a proper fix, please post here!

Bert

At this stage , I have gone back to 21.83 drivers. There is not much point in going to 32 bit colour - as the whole purpose of installing these drivers was to get the reported increase in framerates.I do have AA selected and have been able to use this feature with the 21.83 drivers -- the aircraft externally are too "jaggy" without it!!.Possibly, by turning off AA and selecting 32 bit, some improvement might occur?Barry

I know this sounds weird, but I was having the same problem when using the default panels.Go to the settings ,then go to hardware and make sure that the display resoution on the flight sim is the same as the monitor resolution.It cleared up the problem for me.

Well I have the driver 28.32 and still have had your problem, so this problem only effects the 16 bit colour mode, and I don't know, but suspect its to do with the lighting. I use 32 bit colour anyway.I used to use 16 bit colour till I had this problem also, so this is not just a problem with the latest driver.

Guest mberg

I stopped using anti-aliasinggforce 2 pro nvidia 28.32