Sign in to follow this  
DBM

Irish Voices...US Folks take over Shannon airport ATC!....

Hi all,I've recently purchased RCV4 for FSX,and I'm really enjoying the way it keeps me on my toes whilst flying, as compared to the FSX ATC,and making my flights much more involving(and enjoyable)than before. However, I was just wondering where I could get downloads of Irish accents or indeed any other accents from other countries as I think these would be adding to the immersion value of RCV4, especially around my local 'ports, but hey...open skies now...many different people are in the tower these days!!!Just a thought,Kind Regards,Dave.

i don't think we had any irish volunteers....maybe for v5, there will be a greater diversity in volunteersjd

Hi jd,Perhaps I could find time to run through a few phrases over the next few days/weeks for v5, I basically need a microphone and a list of words to record??Regards,Dave,Galway,Ireland.

watch here for our request for volunteers. we still need to finalize the list of phrases. as soon as that's done, we'll start asking for "Demo" files.jd

Don't forget to get a 3 hour block of time. :-)IIRC, thats about as long as it took me to record my pilot/controller set a few years ago. Still, it's a lot of fun, and it's hard to beat being able to have your own voice for your ATC communications in FS.

Sounds like fun guys, I should be able to find 3 hours free time somewhere in my busy schedule!!If you folks feel a need to record some Irish material, I would be more than happy to help if suitable. I will keep an eye out on the forums for the call to volunteer.Regards,Dave,Galway,Ireland.

Hi Dave,It would be great to have an Irish accemt in RC. Please be aware that if you choose to record a controller set the standard will be very high as non-English speakers need to understand easily. A clear authoratative delivery is essential for realism.A pilot set is less rigorous although we still look (listen?) for clear enunciation.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi JD,Even though I'm not Irish, I'd be more than happy to do voice sets for V5. Just give me a yell when you're ready.Cheers,Mike Turano

I concur with the postee above!!Regards,Dave.

...and maybe a few more female voices too? We've only got 2 - a female Irish voice would be just perfect :)

Guest rav1410

Im Irish and would happily volenteer my voicebox for this cause. I could also get the mrs to do the same but she's English so not much point:D