Sign in to follow this  

Pushback

Just got FS2002 on my machine - very impressed indeed - there doesn't seem to be a pushback system - whats the best way to recreate pushback ?

Pushback is there but it is a bit hard to use sometimes if you do not hit the keys correct.I think you can maby reasign the keys to make it easier to turn?Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

If you're referring to tug pushback, I haven't a clue how to do it. If you're referring to ground operation of reverse thrust for pushback, I don't believe it's possible. There are flaws in several performance parameters of FS2002 and one is that reverse thrust makes nice sounds and visual effects but does absolutely nothing to slow the airplane. Nor can one use it to back up on the ground.If someone else knows how to do it, please enlighten me.Allyn

There is Pushback although you have to make sure that you do not use any other controls whilst doing it. I normally do it as follows :1) select SPOT view (just so I can see what is happening)2) press shift-p3) press 1 or 2 to turn (can be repeated)4) press shift-p to stopIf you hit ANY other keys during pushback other than 1 or 2 then chances are you will not be able to turn - so make sure you have your view selected before you start.Otherwise it works fine !!!