Sign in to follow this  
pccitgo

New Vista Computer with Small C drive

I have asked JD this in a private email but I think other folks with new Vista 32 bit computers would find his answers helpful in this forum. I have tried to install to my D drive but come up with missing files and errors.My new computer has arrived and I am busy installing all my Flight Sims and payware. What I have:32 bit Vista Dual Core 2 Computer C drive is a small high rpm drive primarily for the OS (32 gig) D drive is a RAID pairing 2 x 320 gig hard drives Radar Contact CD with ver 4.0 Downloaded files rc401update.exercv4_3831.ziprcv4_3843.zip FS9FSX I assume the number from my old computer wont be any good for the new computer? How do I install RC4 on D drive ? Is there a special procedure to follow to install using Vista? Cheers Peter

the cd will ask you where you want to put it. tell id d: or a subdirectory on d:when you run the rcv401update, make sure you tell it the same directoryunzip the zips into the same directory on d:then request a keyjd

>the cd will ask you where you want to put it. tell id d: or a>subdirectory on d:>>when you run the rcv401update, make sure you tell it the same>directory>>unzip the zips into the same directory on d:>>then request a key>>jdSo far this has gone according to the above.Question: Is this required again with each of the unzipped filesrcv4_3831.ziprcv4_3843.zipI requested a key for rcv4_3831.zip last night but nothing back yet. Might be up and running with RC4 by the weekend perhaps.Peter

But when I do that and click on the rc4.exe to start RC4 I get a message saying the program is not registered and I should send off an email requesting a new key. The key supplied by previous email (following the 401update) does not seem to work. I suppose I can skip straight to the final zip file update to avoid emailing for and receiving the key any more times than necessary. Or are you saying I do not require anymore keys than the original one emailed to me.If I try to use that key following the unzipping of later rc4.exe files in the directory I get a "Server Not Responding" message at the top of the splash screen. Hence the request by email for yet another key.Thanks for quick response.Pete

the registration key may not work between updates.do the 4.01updatethen do the two zipsyou can't skip one or bothjd