Sign in to follow this  
slugger

Radar Contact with Two Engines

Is there a way to use RC with two engines?Using the Aeroworx King Air, if I want to control the engines seperately,doing a runup or whatever, pressing E1 or E2 engages the RC menu.Perhaps there's a FSUIPC workaround, but in any case, my apologiesif I missed this in the RC manual.Thanks in advance,SluggerBruce Beattie

In a registered FSUIPC there is a setting that allows adjustment between the timing of successive key strokes such as E-2. When the computer is busy as is usually the case with FS, the E and the 2 are seen as individual keystrokes. I am not sure if the unregistered FSUIPC has this feature.This is a problem frequently described on a few forums.You can change the keystroke assignments for the RC menu to simultaneous available keys (like CTRL-1 for the menu) or work with FSUIPC regarding keystroke timing for sequential presses.

Thanks for the tip.The keystroke page in Radar Contact worked great . . . better, in fact,than any FSUIPC workarounds I could find.Obviously, Radar Contact was designed with these types of issues in mind.Regards,SluggerBruce Beattie

. . . but can you now hit them quick enough in FS so they are recognized as separate engine controls :)If not and CTRL-SHIFT-1 and CTRL-SHIFT-2 are not taken by FS or any other add-on, if the FS function assignment menu allows it try it. Sitting on the ground when starting you should have three fingers available.

By changing the commands on the Radar ContactKeystroke page . . . ie "1" is now "Shift-1" in theRadar Contact menu, the "E-1" and "E-2" commandsyou need to independently control the engins in FS9 are no longerpicked up as commands by the Radar Contact menu.So what you end up with is this:Want to fiddle with the left/right engine? Hit E-1 or E-2 (Both E-1,2)Want to respond to the Radar Contact menu? Hit Shift-1 or Shift-2.All the other numbers you use to respond to the Radar Contact menu stay the same.Best,SluggerBruce Beattie