Sign in to follow this  
Guest RCaptain

AI Airlines callsign

Guest RCaptain

Hello jdI searched the forum for this, but it's so vast that i may missed it in case this was ask before.How can I add the callsign for the airlines that are not default?Do I have to edit c4.csv? if that is the case how can I edit it?ThanksRudy

you can't add them, because they aren't recorded by anyonewhat do you want to add, so i can make sure they are in v5

Guest RCaptain

Hi, jdOk, Can I record it as a .wav file and add it?These are the ones that are missing.They are well stablishe airlines and cargo ailines in Colombia-Aerorepublica-Aerosucre-Satena-Suramericana-ADAthanksRudy

but i'm sure you don't sound like me, or ray, or doug. your recording will stick out like a sore thumb everytime it is usedsorry...i looked up your list of worldwide carriers, and didn't find any of them. how did you come up with that list?jd

Guest RCaptain

Hi jdWell, first of all I'm a commercial pilot, I live in Colombia and those are stablished Colombian airlines and cargo transport. follow this link: this is for Aerorepuplicahttp://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Aero%20...%20Colombia.htmhere in airfleets.net you can search for other airlines that might not show up in other pages, it comes with their callsings.I know i don't sound like any of you, but I guess I rather hear some call instead of "alpha 123".Thanks, I will give it a try.Rudy.Oh, btw, suramericana is the callsign for Lineas Aereas Suramericanas.

i looked up your list of worldwide carriers, and didn't find any of them.Dunno where you were looking, jd but they're all (except, maybe, ADA) in Doc8585. Here's the list (Airline Name, ICAO Code, Call Sign, Country:AEROREPUBLICA, RPB, AEROREPUBLICA, COLUMBIAAEROSUCRE SA, KRE, AEROSUCRE, COLUMBIASATENA, NSE, SERVICIOS DE AERONAVEGACION A TERRITORIOS NAC, COLUMBIASURAMERICANO, LAU, LINEAS AEREAS SURAMERICANAS LTDA, COLUMBIAThere is an ADA AIR listed but it's Albanian so I don't think that was what Rudy was referring to.Pete

Indeed there are quite a few airlines that are not on RC, any improvement would be welcome. Although using the first letter of the airline name (e.g. Alpha 123) is got to be better than default FS ATC's just missing the word out procedure.Same goes with airport names, aircraft types and so on. Quite a few fairly large airports are spelled out with ICAO codes, rather than the name. (Although I do like the variations that occur occasionally between controllers/pilots over pronuncation differences - e.g. controller pronounces Paris as "parr-is", aircraft reads back as "parr-ee". Very nice touch, sounds realistic, not everone in real life pronounces every word the same).

Ooops... I got the airline name and call sign reversed in the last two. Should read:SERVICIOS DE AERONAVEGACION A TERRITORIOS NAC, NSE, SATENA, COLUMBIALINEAS AEREAS SURAMERICANAS LTDA, LAU, SURAMERICANO, COLUMBIAPP

Guest RCaptain

Yes there are, thanks pete.ADA is just a very small commuter. so, I wouldn't mind if it's not in V5.0.Rudy.BTW, I managed to work the callsign for Aerorepublica, Aerosucre, Satena. I mixed the sounds in movie maker with only one voice, and then converted them to .wav file, now I have to manage to create all other voices. It sounds great.