Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Wilco's new Airport 2002 Scenery...

I was wondering how does everyone feel about Wilco's new proposed release. For me the stupidest thing they are doing is releaseing a product with airports that have already been done by other developers and/or Microsoft. How many versions of KLAX or KATL do we need . These airports have already been done in great detail. Wilco's older sceneries featured airports like KBOS (for those who don't know Boston, MA.), KDEN or even KMIA. I can't understand for the life of me why they didn't try and release a product full of airports that have not been done already for FS2002 especially when they have a good foundation to draw from. I guess I'm venting because I knew they would be back in the game somehow with their airport scenery (I was looking forward to a new KDEN, KMIA or even KSFO) but I had no idea they would re-release airports their competion has already done. I guess their marketing departent is either brain dead or doesn't care about sales. The only way I could see this being a success is that their frame rates would have to rival FS's default scenery which I don't see happening. I just wanted everyone's opinion on this one. 'http://www.wilcopub.com/a2002v1.htm'

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I think what is different about this airports is that all the scenery is going to be made out of G-max. They have found out that by using G-MAX to create objects the Frams per second will not be affected as with the older methods.Of course now we have to see if that's all true. If it is I'm more than willing to pay for all those sceneries again, but if not then I don't see the point of redoing all those sceneries again.

Guest Timbo

I'd buy it just for ORD.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:timsfsstudio.home.attbi.com]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated June 11th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Oh thats a shame...they could have done JFK...that needs doing bigtime....Craig Kiltie

Surely Airport 2002 Vol 1 will be the old 2000 vol 1 updated? So that means CDG, JFK, NRT, LAX and BRU. Or am I wrong.Rob

What I didnt like is that Mircosoft goes and makes a great Seattle and a few others and they are the same as Airport or Simflyers. It would be nice it those 3 developers would not make 3 different version of the same airport. Like you said JFK needs doing as well as others. This Fnat stuff looks great and would be worth rebuying old scenery again but it would also be nice to have a patch to Airport 2000 Vol 2 using AFCAD. BTW if its out there done by someone other than Wilco please info me with a reply.Kilstorm

Guest C17SimGuy

I hate to say it, but Wilco is, quite frankly, stupid. If you don't blieve me, then you decide for yourself:Please go to this webpage and tell me what the heck Londres Heathrow is? Do you London?http://www.wilcopub.com/a2002v1.htmI've always bought wilco's airport sceneries, but hate to say that they are pretty shotty when it comes to quality assurance. The planes look aweful, and adventures are worthless. Unless an item is produced from an outside source, (ie 767PIC) then it will be borderline. I'm sure I'll buy A2k2v1, but only for KORD,CDG and Munich. Everything else has already been done. :-( Dissappointing, Wilco. Dissappointing. I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon with the following:WHY THE HECK AREN'T YOU MAKING JFK OR SOME OTHER AIRPORTS THAT HAVEN'T BEEN MADE YET?! (Here's a few! KBOS, KDTW, KSTL. . .)KLAX:SimflyersKDFW:SimflyersKATL:SimflyersEGLL:Gary SummonsHeck, even Munich is in German Airports. I don't understand their marketing sometimes. Oh well. . .finished venting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.(8-|

I am not going to hold my breath on this one. If I recall Wilco stated that A2k_v3 would offer great performance. Well we all know what happened with that. A2k_v3 was the last straw for me with Wilco's Non- Customer support. With all the problems we had they offered no support (only 1 FS2002 patch).I am going to pass on this John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

I'm curious to new techniques used and since I've don't have US airports as a European flying most time over Europe.I've got KATL (simmflyers) the others are default in the US, payware scenery here in Europe EHAM/EDDM/EDDF/EDDK/EBBR/LEIB/LEPA/LEBL/LIRF but all build on the old technical way :( still look great in FS2002.Great scenery for FS2000 and still for FS2002 however if you look at the capabilities like GMAX planes and the new technical options they have now (most developers waiting for the scenery SDK I'll believe?).I'm for sure I'll will buy Airport 2002 if it's like the difference between the old FS2000 planes (they look great in the past, however see the difference between FS4 / FS2002) and the gmax planes today :-)So I'll need more information from Wilco before I'll make my purchase decision The same discussion will start all over again in 2004 with FS2004 / 2006 FS2006 etc... :-) Remember they have done all the airports over and over and over again and if we are lucky they will do it for a long time :-) awfEHAM

André