Sign in to follow this  
mark1290

Leaving RC running overnight

Hi, I want to have a go at a long haul flight and once in the cruise, go to bed and leave the plane either flying over europe or the ocean.I know i can ask RC to pause at a set distance, but will it get upset at me not responding to any traffic calls or altitude requests while im away from the PC prior to the planned pause?Thanks for any advice,Mark

Hi Mark,Ensure you hand comms over to the first officer. CTRL+SHIFT+K is the default key combo. That will take care of acknowledgements.However, you won't be able to alter altitude without a request to RC. I suggest you wait until cruise before leaving the PC and enter 200 miles in the paused distance to ensure you're far enough away from RC's calculated ToD.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Mark,I second what Ray said. I did this very thing earlier this week.I flew from KORD to LFPG, and did not begin my flight until around 2300. At about 0030, while cruising at FL350 over Canada, I decided to turn things over to the overnight crew, and went to bed leaving Otto (ctrl+shift+k) in charge of the radios and the LDS767 FMC in charge of the flight controls. When I awoke in the morning, I took over the flight (had not yet reached the pause point of 200nm). I even managed to arrive at the gate 2 minutes earlier than my schedule time. :-) Cheers!

:-lol Only westbound flights I'm afraid. I must try that sometime. Depart EGLL 30 mins after sunset and watch the sunrise in the west.:-hah Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I promise to wave as I glide past without reheat 20,000ft above you.:-boomCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey Bryan,Nice to see your name here and there on the forums. Back in 2000/2, you were my boss when i was flying for Nobleair at KORD.I'm still flying with this va, out of Gatwick.I've also seen yor name as beta tester for some fs addons- can't remember which ones now. And that's your voice file as an RC4 pilot!Man, you sure get around.And BTW, on the Gatwick site downloads, there's a file that makes it ossible for RC to recognize Nobleair as a legit airline. Neat.Take care and fly safely the crowded virtual jetways.Eytan OrnsteinNBL EGKK

Has anyone had any problems about being handed off to another centre controler? I left everything on auto but rc4 did not tune into a new frequency, only acknowledged the request to do so. have i missed another setting??Mark

that would be quite oddfollow the directions at the top of the forum, and generate a .log file, and see if you can duplicate the problem, and send me the .logjd

I thought so too, as I presumed that RC would be automaticaly tuning in to requested frequencies like fs atc does. Could it be anything to do with PMDG aircraft that I use?? I will generate a log and email it to you.Thanks,Mark

Human Error, I had presumed that ticking the box on the options screen meant the comms would be automaticaly transfered to co-pilot. I used the key combo instead and it all worked!Thanks for the help and long haul is pretty sweet :-)Mark