Sign in to follow this  
davjones

Tough problem involving RCV4, LDS 767 and its FMS

I've scoured this site's forum and the LDS forum for this problem but it doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else. So help might be tough to get. I'm a big fan of both Radar Contact and the Level D 767, but I'm having a *lot* of trouble using them together. I know it's possible because many people have talked about great results in these forums, and I've had occasional success myself.OK, here goes. Most of the time, but not always, when I take off in the 767 using RCV4, the FMS will not update position. The first place this is seen is on the NAV display in map mode, but it also affects the distances shown on the progress page and presumably every place else where distance or position is shown. On the NAV display, the map DOES rotate as you turn, but no forward -- or lateral -- progress is indicated. The display just pivots about a point. Very wierd.But.... If you pause FS9, the FMC instantly updates to the correct position and adjusts the NAV display accordingly. Until.... you press P again to unpause and resume flying, at which time the position again locks until the next time you pause. Only thing you can do is fly VOR to VOR as the NAV radios are not affected by this problem.Now, a clue. If the F/O does not call out speeds on the takeoff roll, the problem is in effect. Otherwise, as soon as I hear him call out 80 knots, I know I'm on my way for a great flight.This is probably obvious, but I know this relates to the 767 panel and not the 767 itself because I did couple of merges of the panel with the POSKY 757 and 767-200 and the problem followed along to them.If I terminate Radar Contact mid-flight, everything returns to normal.I have not seen this problem with any of the other aircraft I fly.My sense is that it has to do with some circumstance that exists at the time when the panel is loaded or when RCV4 is started, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.Any ideas? Maybe I'm just overlooking something very basic? Don't know, but I know I'll appreciate any help!Thanks!Dave Jones

i'll leave it to other with similar aircraft to help. i wouldn't know where to start troubleshooting this onejd

The LDS767 has a problem, when you start in VC mode. If you never enter the 2D main cockpit, a number of functions will not operate. The most noticeable effect is no voice call outs or GPWS call outs. To remedy this, just toggle through the cockpit views to the 2D cockpit view. Wait a few seconds, then you can go back to VC mode. You only need to do this once per flight, then everything should work ok! Note this is with FSX, not sure though if it happens in FS9 also!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I had a similar problem with the PMDG 737NG. On switching panel views the instruments would stop updating. RC did not influence this usually.It turned out I was using view SHIFT-number combinations, common to most panels, not mouse-icons and PMDG designated short-cut keys. These do something special in panel data update video rewrites and must be used for panel view switching. Using default view switching left updates in an unstable state which might have been affected by RC's window update.

Thanks for this input!To address what's been mentioned so far:I never use VC, other than entering it momentarily by mistake once in awhile.This is only FS9.I only use the simicons to change 2d panel views, not Shift/whatever.I'll continue to mess with it and if I come up with the answer, I surely let y'all know what it was. Meanwhile, if anyone has any other thoughts...Dave

One thing I should have added to my last post is that I don't have any other add-ons running while this is going on. I really like Active Sky, but have discontinued its use until I get to the bottom of this -- it only serves to complicate things by throwing in one more variable.Dave Jones