Sign in to follow this  
JW6984

CTD with PMDG 737-800

Hello,First I want to say that I have spent many hours without problems using RC v4. I have used it with the following payware a/c without any incidents: F1 MD80, F1 ATR, FeelThere A320, PSS 757, snd PMDG 747. However, I never used it with the PMDG 737NG until today, and tried to make a 2 hour flight. Out of 2 attempts I got a CTD both times, and the CTD came almost exactly at the same place in the descent (about 60 miles from destination). Here's the programs I am running:Windows XPFS2004 SP1 (w/PMDG 737-800)ActiveSky 6RCv4FSUIPC 3.75Hardware is as follows:ASUS A8N-SLI MoBoAMD Athlon 64 4000+BFG GeForce 7950GT OC 2 GB RAM (4 X 512MB)SoundBlaster Audigy LSAny help is appreciated. I'm only having this problem with the PMDG 737.Jim

other planes don't have the problem? (could be the plane)try updating video drivers (always a good candidate)try a different season (could be scenery)try a different flightplan (could be scenery, could be frequencies)

Hi Jim,I use the PMDG 737 quite often for my flights and have not had any CTD. If you could post your flight plan here, perhaps I could give it a go... although I might not have a chance to fly until the weekend.Do you have any add-on sceneries for the route (especially near the destination)?

Bryan, I was using the ATA PMDG 737-800 on a flight from KMDW to KSWF. Here's the flightplan: KMDW GIJ J146 ETG LHY.RUBER1 KSWFDepart time was 1325Z. I don't have any addon scenery for this area. I just tried a short (1hr) flight in the PMDG 737-700 and everything was fine. It must be something with the a/c causing it, there's no significant scenery in the KSWF immediate area. I'm going to try the 738 flight again and see what happens. Like I said, I have no problem with RCv4 using all my other payware aircraft. Thanks :)Jim

A couple of PMDG series specific items:If you installed the 747, make sure you removed the 737 first, reinstalled the 737 series with 600/700 first, then 800/900/ then service pack 1.3 if needed. Then if you have it the 747 (which I do not have).Last make sure you have the latest FSUIPC for your version of FS, links at the top, in case it was overwritten by any of the PMDG or other installs. Then remember to dump the advdisp.dll out of your modules folder if it is there from prior versions.These are some generic items.Oh, yes. If you install any liveries for the 600/700, be sure to run the batch update file for each of those found in their respective aircraft folder.I have not had any problem using the 737NG series.

Ron,I installed the PMDG items in the correct order, but I forgot about the batch routine for the 600/700s. Thanks!

thanks ron.please let us know if doing the required batch files, fixes the problem.jd

Hi Jim,I just completed the KMDW to KSWF flight without incident. I didn't have the ATA repaint, so I flew using the PMDG 737-800 in my VA colors. One oops on my part, I departed at 1325 local... didn't catch the "Z" at the end.For reference, I have attached the plan that I used, which is what was generated using FSBuild when I entered your route.

That's just a generic 3D modeling fix that would not have the effect to my knowedge. I just mentioned it in passing.I suspect it might be two many true AFCADs (not an extra scenery layer with airport properties often falsely identified as an aircraft) for one of the airports in the area or a seasonal scenery texture defect. At about sixty miles out the airport scenery properties come into play and any defect there or in the aircraft area, since you are now at a lower altitude, could cause a crash.