Sign in to follow this  

6 Things that make FS2002 a must

Guest Andrew

1 ..Andy Robinson's aispeed fix (for more active airports and less Go Arounds2 ..PSS AirbusA320 v1.33 ..PSS 747-400 for FS2002 (Panel Fix, and new Airfile )4 ..Andy Newman and Serge Baye's ACTIVE CAMERA FOR FS 2002 v1.1 (for Flybys)5 ..AFCAD airport editor6 ..DreamFleet 737 (Need I say More.I would have trouble living without these things.Thank you all involved in the above.Andrew

Since Project AI and come out and I sat at a few airports plane spotting, I've notice that while AIspeed editor helps some but I still see a bucket full of go arounds. Aircraft spacing on final seems to be the nasty problem here. Will usually end up with 5-6 incoming planes with last than 5 miles seperation. While I was watching ai traffic 5 miles seperate per plane seemed about right since with the different .air files for the various PAI planes hit "taxi" speed on different parts of runway. Requiring some to skip a taxiway that others were using.But boy, if someone could come with with a seperation hack. He/she might have a few first borns named after him/her. :')

Not seen Andy's version of the airspeed, but the I have been using John's version since it came out - and it now means that I can taxi without attempting to "Overtake" something that is in front.You completely missed the Falcon 50 which is free and as good as any aircraft I have seen freeware or payware. For GA pilots the FSD Commander is a work of art......... and the FSGenesis 75m Base Terrain for USA and Alaska are well worth the cash (especially since they are on offer at the moment)!!!

Thanks for the tip about the airspeed fix. I never knew it existed!It's interesting how the list of must-haves for a GA flightsim pilot differs from that of an airliner flightsim pilot!I'm sure some things on my list would make your top-10, though. :)For me, the things that have made this fantastic (aside from the new nVidia Ti4400 which allows me to fly over FORESTS of autogen trees...which is amazing to look at) are:1. Dreamfleet Piper Archer II (my favorite aircraft to date)2. FSMeteo3. FSNav4. FSFlightMax - an AMAZING multi-function tool modeled on a real aircraft system, the Avidyne Flightmax 8505. Actual sectional charts - great for VFR flying - I went ahead and bought simpack charts for online use so I don't have to mess with big folding sheets of paperYeah, everything listed there is payware, but they've sure added AMAZINGLY to my flight simming experience.Hmmm... where do my CH USB Flight Yoke and pedals come in? I guess if we have hardware as a separate category, everything's fine! :)Speaking of hardware, I'm now considering some of the GoFlight units. If I splurge for myself (which I really shouldn't), it could make flight simulation a whole different experience!--Tony

I have to jump in on this thread, indeed interesting to see whats important to different types of sim pilots (GA vs. ATP)1. FSMeteo2. C421 - Flight1.com3. Cheyenne 400 - FSD4. FSFlightmax5. Reality XP - great GPS and nav/com/radio, etc6. FSMaintanence - LAGO , my fav. util yet!!7. Water/ocean effects and textures - Ed ?? (sorry i forget your last name)8. mstrees2.zip - adds tons more trees and better looking9. also cant forget clouds from FSW10. stars.zip - ?? adds all the stars everywhere - flying at night in clear weather is amazing!mm.. what else?i simulate an air charter/taxi company - the above has add an incredible experience to FS2002 pro for me.ciao!Brian SBriSom Air - a simulated air charter/taxi company

Ciao!

Guest Boone

Don't forget AUTOGENIUS!

Good thread (although I suspect the original poster wanted to say something like "6 Things that are a must for FS2002"). Here's my list:1. FSGenesis Mesh. I won't fly anywhere that doesn't have Justin's amazing (and amazingly reasonably priced) mesh.2. FSLandclass, by Burkhard Renk and various authors. Same as above, won't fly anywhere without. I know some in Europe have complained about some of it not being realistic, but here in the U.S. it is spot on on even the very smaller cities.3. FSMeteo. I got hooked on Real Time weather and now I don't even bother to fly anywhere without it running. 4. FSUIPC by Peter Dowson. Okay, so you *have* to have this to run FSMeteo, but since it is so necessary to so many third party addons it deserves a mention of its own.5. GPSOut and Topo USA. The first by Peter again, this enables GPS coordinates to drive a GPS program, and the one I use is Topo USA. I fly in one monitor and the other shows me, real time, my course and the various geographic features and names of cities, rivers, lakes and airports. Kind of like an incredibly powerful top down view. Once again, I don't fly anywhere without it on, and have learned more about geography using it in a few weeks then I knew in my entire life.6. Geof's Deb. Truly a sweet little freeware plane that I wouldn't do without. It's not my default plane (I'm currently flying the Baron a lot due to its speed) but you can land on a dime and sightsee with ease.

Guest Jet

Does the 75 mesh take a toll on frame rates?I'm about maxed out right now (10-12 FPS) and would like to upograde to this product but am afraid my system can't handle it.

I don't understand why people fall over backwords for the Posky Planes??? They use default panels, have no contrails, and use default sound??? What's so great about them??? I've deleted all my Posky planes.

Guest Dominik Mann

My personal "musts" for FS 2002 are:(don't have a credit card, so I have to go mostly with freeware or retail ware from the software store)* IADG A320 with Miguel Angel

Hi Andrew!You really should get the PIC767...My top ten are:1. PIC7672. PIC7673. PIC7674. R4D NATS5. DF7376. PSS Airbus7. Golden Eagle8. Cheyenne9. Commander10. DF Piper ArcherHave fun!BobP :)

Don't worry about frame rates with that mesh. In general, higher density mesh doesn't impact frame rates (I say "in general" because at the very highest density, like the incredible higher stuff Justin makes, it is possible to have *some* impact). Mostly it's macros, AI and textures that take the greatest toll, in that order.But you can try it out -- there are some demo meshes on Justin's site and you can see what you think. I'd never fly anywhere without his stuff (the differences are that dramatic).