Sign in to follow this  
palafox

Considering purchase. Two questions

Hi, As stated in the subject, I am considering to purchase this fine addon for the FS9, but there are some questions I would like to know better before giving my money away:1) Does it run on Windows 2000? According to the requirementes in the home page it needs WinXP/Vista. In spite of this, is there any chance that it can be run on Win2000, even not officially supported?2) Somewhere I read RC doesn't manage ground operation. I don't know if this claim refers to an old version. Is it so or maybe I am wrong?Thanks in advance,JAMM

1) i'm not sure anyone has tested v4.3 on win2k. i don't know why it wouldn't, but since i can't test it, i can't say it works2) i do not control ground ai from hitting you. i do control them so they don't taxi onto the runway as you are about to land, and i do talk to them as they are preparing to taxi into position, and takeoff. i also keep other ai from taxiing across your runway. there are many ground enhancements in v53) you didn't ask, but v5 is more than a year away.jd

Hi, jd, glad to meet you and thanks for the quick answer. It's good to know there is no known issues with Win2k. Also, I have just read in the AVSIM Review that ground operations are implemented. Last question: What about VFR procedures? Are they been handled in any way or to some extent now? It was an entry in the to-do list, as stated in the reviewJAMM

What is the upgrading policy of Radar Contact? I mean, if I purchase RC4, will I get some discount when v5 gets out?

>1) i'm not sure anyone has tested v4.3 on win2k. i don't know>why it wouldn't, but since i can't test it, i can't say it>worksI used to run RC4 (via WideFS) on a Windows 2000 machine before upgrading some of my hardware earlier this year. I can't recall if the last version on that PC was 4.2 or 4.3... so I know that 4.2 definitely worked on Windows 2000.

yes, registered rc users, get a discount when it comes time for a new major releasejd

>I used to run RC4 (via WideFS) on a Windows 2000 machine>before upgrading some of my hardware earlier this year. I>can't recall if the last version on that PC was 4.2 or 4.3...>so I know that 4.2 definitely worked on Windows 2000.>Hi, Bryan. Many thanks to confirm this.

>yes, registered rc users, get a discount when it comes time>for a new major releaseFine. Then I'll jot an entry in my PDA for the next month (too bad, this month's budget is in the red numbers!)Thank you.JAMM