Sign in to follow this  
Spin_Cykle

New Guy needs some help.

First let me say I love the idea of RC for advanced users. It finally gives me the ability and control to fly how I'm used to in the real world. A little background information to get started would be good, ehh. Currently runing FSX SP1 w/ Vista 32 bit while ASX/UTX are taking care of the graphics. System specs are listed below. Now onto the problems. Program loads fine but I still hear FSX ATC in the background. For example, If I'm checking ATIS via RC, I still hear FSX ATC announce the ATIS ontop of RC's auido. This problem presists during the flight as well, I still hear FSX's ATC blaber, is there a way to fix this problem? Currently I'm using FSX's flight planner and it is horrible, no ability to enter STARS or DP's, can someone suggest a good Flight planning program? Payware or freeware, dosen't matter to me. Last question, I was flying a short Beech 1900 hop from Prescott, Az to Phoenix Sky Harbor to test out RC and I'm just not 100% sure I'm setting RC up correctly. After departure I was handed off to ABQ Center and then from that point on I never herd for a soul again. Something isn't right here, I wasn't handed off to Phoenix Approach, never told to contact tower, no landing clearance, ect....... Here is the route that I flew.KPRC.DRK.MAIER.V257.BANYO.PXR.KPHXAround BANYO (30DME)PHoenix Class B, I was expecting to be handed off to Phoenix Approach, get clearance into class B, then I could request specific approaches into PHX. Could someone help me and letme know what im doing wrong.ThanksScott

Welcome. I'm not an FSX user but FS9 and some similarities should exist.>>Now onto the problems. Program loads fine but I still hear>FSX ATC in the background. For example, If I'm checking ATIS>via RC, I still hear FSX ATC announce the ATIS ontop of RC's>auido. This problem presists during the flight as well, I>still hear FSX's ATC blaber, is there a way to fix this>problem?If FSX has a sound mixer in its setup, turn down the one for FS ATC. RC does not use this channel and RC will provide on its own channel yours and AI chatter. >>Currently I'm using FSX's flight planner and it is horrible,>no ability to enter STARS or DP's, can someone suggest a good>Flight planning program? Payware or freeware, dosen't matter>to me.If you do not need a moving map, look at FS Build 2.3. It will interface with weather you have loaded into ASX so winds aloft are taken into its fuel planning. You do not need FS running to use this but it is best to have your weather loaded into ASX and have it running to use this feature. www.fsbuild.com. is a bit outdated but you'll get the idea. There is a link to their support forum there for you to browse. Also, if you do not use its autorouting, you can paste the route as you have it below into their route field box and it will build the plan. Just define your aircraft. As an example, I get some of the real world flight plans from www.flightaware.com, enter a departure airport, and find a flight which has a destination of interest with a similar aircraft. When that opens another window, you can copy/paste the route into FSBuild and you should be close. You might have to change the version number of a SID or STAR looking at what is available in the FSB database. Ernie provides frequent AIRAC updates for FSB users. Then do the aircraft tab, select your export options (use FS9 format for RC) plus any applicable FMC format if used, build the plan, print your navlog for reference, and you are good to go. >>Last question, I was flying a short Beech 1900 hop from>Prescott, Az to Phoenix Sky Harbor to test out RC and I'm just>not 100% sure I'm setting RC up correctly. After departure I>was handed off to ABQ Center and then from that point on I>never herd for a soul again. Something isn't right here, I>wasn't handed off to Phoenix Approach, never told to contact>tower, no landing clearance, ect....... Here is the route>that I flew.>>KPRC.DRK.MAIER.V257.BANYO.PXR.KPHX>>Around BANYO (30DME)PHoenix Class B, I was expecting to be>handed off to Phoenix Approach, get clearance into class B,>then I could request specific approaches into PHX. Could>someone help me and letme know what im doing wrong.In the RC options be sure either you tune or you have comm radio autotuning enabled. Also make sure you have no outstanding acknowledgments to perform as indicated in the RC menu.If you think RC has stalled, alt-tab to bring its window on screen to see if an error window has popped up in back of FSX. If this is a continuing occurance, start a test flight creating a diagnostic log and send it to jd as outlined in the topic pinned at the head of this forum.Have you flown any of the tutorial flights? Try one and see if it performs correctly through all phases for you.You can also visit the RC FAQ at www.jdtllc.com for some hints and answers.>>Thanks>Scott

THanks for the repy, much appreciated. First mistake was mine, I checked NOTAMS box and it just so happens there was a NOTAM out for ODP's and Visual Clearance for the Prescott Area. RC then wanted my to report back on course, however, the way it had me report on course was wierd. The #3 selection was "req blah blah NOTAM". I thought that was "request NOTAMS for flight" .... DOH. Live and learn. Now if i could only get this RC ATC and FSX ATC Voice sorted out, its really a PITA to hear both at the same time. I have checked FSX for a "ATC Sound Level" but can't seem to find it. Maybe some FSX users will know how to disable ATC Sound. Good call on FSBuild thats exactly what im looking for, I dont need a moving map any just something to build structured flightplans!BTW, I see MSP as your base, do you fly for Mesaba or NWA?THanks Scott

>BTW, I see MSP as your base, do you fly for Mesaba or NWA?>Only virtually. I emulate some Mesaba flights with the Saab 340B they still use. The RJ 85s are now gone and they use still the CRJ 200. The new wholly owned regional subsidiary of NWA just bought some CRJ 900s.The only real-world piloting I did was advanced GA single engine (most advanced was a Beechcraft A36 conventional tail Bonanza) with a VFR Commercial Pilot certificate many years ago. I do live about 40 miles north of KMSP.I am also emulating some AirTran flights out of KMSP on the PMDG 737-700 and some Sun Country 737-800 flights.I do quite a bit in Europe with the 737NG series and have the Aerosoft collections for mainly Spain, France, Germany, Faro in Portugal, and KOS in Greece including emulating flights of Air Berlin, Hapaag-Lloyd and HLX, Air Europa, and a few others. I like the rapidly changing terrain in the relatively short hops of these short to medium haul routes. I also use a few freeware airports from ISD Project, the Italian Scenery Design Project, files from the AVSIM library. These are all FS9 but Aerosoft is releasing individual FSX airports as their developers make them available.

Try this gp into Settings/Sounds/Voice. There uncheck voice. Slide the slidder down to 0. I use FSNavigator for my flight plans. It has 99% of the STARS. I.E. if I want to use SLIDD2 I have to use SLIDD for a waypoint. Hope this helps

I will try the voice dissable option later when I get home, however, I think that is for headset voice volume when using sim mulitplayer connect. Thanks for the suggestions. I have been on the hunt for an FSX version of a Saab 340 but cant seem to find one. It seems the only payware version that exsisted was the Flight Factory Simulations model and we all know what happened to them :( . Any sugestions on another company that makes a payware 340 for FSX?