Sign in to follow this  
Vauban

Left high and dry at 16000'

Hi all,I was passed by RC4 to the next controller at which point my copilot informed him we were descending past (say) FL200 with discretion to FL160. The controller replied RGR but having reached 16000' I didn't hear from him again.Anyone understand what might have gone wrong?ThanksGeoff

Geoffrey Kent

was it fl160 or 16,000 - big differenceif it was fl160, did you reset your altimeter to local pressure (you shouldn't have)?if you can duplicate the problem, follow the directions at the top of the forum, and send me the .log - i'll take a lookjd

Thank JD, I was at FL 160 and hadn't yet set to local pressure.If I can duplicate the problem I'll send you the log.CheersGeoff

Geoffrey Kent