Sign in to follow this  
misgav

Flight ends halfway?

Funny thing just happened. I was flying the PSS A319 from ULLI to EGKK. I programmed the fmc with the fs9 created flightplan., stationed the a/c at ULLI, minimized fs and started RC4.3. I reached cruise level, and handed the comms to Otto. I came back an hour later to find fs9 had crashed. RC was minimized to the task bar below. Got an error message.Tried the whole thing again, but same result.Tried a shorter flight, L.A. to Bakersfield, Ca. with RC and everything was fine.Here's the blurb from the error report.C:Documents and SettingsuserApplication DataMicrosoftFS9fs9.CFG.txtC:Documents and SettingsuserApplication DataMicrosoftFS9dxdiag.xmlC:Documents and SettingsuserApplication DataMicrosoftFS9scenery.cfgAny ideas?I have e new high end pc, so memory shouldn't be a problem.Eytan Ornsteinnear LLHA

scenery issue? scenery issue with directx 9 or directx 10?if you want to re-fly it, and generate a .log for me, the instructions are pinned at the top of the forum. i'll see what rc thinks is going on.also, make sure you have the latest fsuipcjd

Hi Eytan,That sounds like it might be a scenery related error... any add-ons in the vicinity of the FS CTD? A long while ago I was experiencing a re-creatable CTD over the Ohio/Pennsylvania area. It ended up being an issue with a texture in Ultimate Terrain.

Well, go figure.This time around, the flight was completed.I'll try a few more flights.Is this why people go to study computer science? so they can figure out why a program works one time, and fails another time? heh heh.Eytan

it could still be the scenery. maybe it was the time of year. the season. something else.keep in mind, fs crashed, rc didn't. i just happened to be running :-)jd

Guest okleber

Hi Eytan,I experienced a similar problem with flights between EDDH and EDDM. Problem was due to both ATIS frequencies being the same in RC (and the real world I guess, can't verify right now). Changed one of them and never had any issues again.RegardsOliver

Well, I'm in experimenting mode now; uninstalling some of the European and American payware airport sceneries with which i wasnt too enthralled anyways. Also I'm making sure the hd is defragged, and the registry is ok.Yesterday I flew from CYYZ to EGKK and again halfway across the great pond, fs crashed. I guess I'll be in a trial'n error mode for a while.Eytan