Sign in to follow this  
ludwigkessler

Radar Contact and active runways

Hi all,I've only had Radar Contact for a couple of days and so this problem may well be down to me! Please can someone tell me why on a flight from Manchester egcc to Belfast City egac firstly on departure I am assigned runway 6R for takeoff when the active is 6L and similarly, on approach to Belfast I am assigned runway 04 to land on when the active is runway 22? This is a flight I do at lease twice a week and so know from experience and also from listening to atis which is the active runway at both airports.When landing at Belfast City for example I also know that in fair weather conditions the default atc will always assign an ils app to runway 22 and (for some strange reason!) in less than good weather it assigns a visual to runway 04! I have made this flight using RC twice now and in good weather and both times been assigned runway 04 even when atis confirms the active for landing and departing is runway 22.Any ideas anyone?rory

Regarding the problems at egac I assume it is RC ATIS you are listening to?For both departure and arrival when it comes time to contact ground or approach assigns you a runway, RC looks for the presence of AI and assigns you the same runways to avoid conflict. This is the first priority.Where no AI are present and headwind is below a certain speed, the runway with best navaid complement is chosen next, that is a localizer over a VOR or other approach. jd can elaborate over the details of assignment priority. Runway length is also a consideration.Also look at pages 36 and 107 in the manual.

Hi Sir, and thanks for the reply. I've again just flown into EGAC and RC ATC assigned me an ILS app to rwy 04, in good weather. When on final I can hear the controller assigning other aircraft to rwy 22. I'm landing into the path of other aircraft taking off. Does RC control the active runway or is it FSX that does this? On checking the atis, it confirmed the active was 04 and yet this clearly wasnt the case. I'm confused. This is just a straightforward flight, planned thru the FSX flight planner as I dont have another planner. Should I be disabling anything? I have already done as the FAQ says about hearing both the default and RC ATC voices (yet I keep hearing both!) I am using traffic 2005 also.Rory

if you have turned the ms atc volume down to 0, and you're still hearing it? that would be unusualif you can duplicate the problem, follow the directions pinned at the top of the forum, and generate a log. be sure to click debug before you load your .plnthen zip up your .log, and send it to me. i'll take a look at what is going onjd

Hiya JD,I'm not sure, but I think the problem has cleared up. I did the flight again tonite and think I made a .log (however I cant seem to find it? When I click on debug, I can see the text doc relating to it but thats all!) But, this time, control initially assigned me to rwy 04 again but the later they changed it to rwy 22, which was the correct rwy! I think its now a case of seeing how things pan out. I do confess to feeling a bit dim about having difficulty in saving or locating the log though! Where does it normally save it to?Regards,Rory

Hi Rory,The log is either in the main RC folder or alternatively in the RCLog one. It will have a default name of RC4.LOG.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hiya Ray and thanks for the reply. I'll look for it when I fire up my sim pc again! Oh, and I'm from Stalybridge! A few miles further out than you.Cheers,rory

Hi Rory,Up in th'ills eh? :-wave I'm in Cheadle Hulme.If you want to visit just give me a shout. Hope you're enjoying RC and not incurring the wrath of Bill Stevens ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you want to visit just give me a shout. I expect he'll be far too busy trying to smash Lifeline. ;-) PP

To quote a famous Spanish waiter... Que? :-hmmm

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ah, obviously coming from Barcelona prevented you from watching Auntie's "Secret Army" - you know, it was the serious version of "'Allo, 'Allo". :D Ludwig Kessler was one of the main characters - the serious Herr Flick, you might say.P.

>Ah, obviously coming from Barcelona prevented you from>watching Auntie's "Secret Army" - you know, it was the serious>version of "'Allo, 'Allo". :D Ludwig Kessler was one of the>main characters - the serious Herr Flick, you might say.>P.Ha ha, well spotted Sir! I'm about as old as Kessler was back then. I'm in a WW2 re enactment group around these parts and his is the uniform I wear :-) Happy flying!rory

>Hi Rory,>>Up in th'ills eh? :-wave I'm in Cheadle Hulme.>>If you want to visit just give me a shout. Hope you're>enjoying RC and not incurring the wrath of Bill Stevens ;-)>>Cheers,Hiya Ray, I've already had my licence suspended - twice! and thats just this week :+ But its entertaining all the same.rory