Sign in to follow this  
Guest prdant

Voice recognition

Guest prdant

Was there ever any talk about using voice recognition in place of the key strokes or was I dreaming again.

Guest prdant

Thanks, maybe I will mess around with speech that comes with vistaand see if I can make it work with key strokes.Fired it up last night with a plan from fsbuild. BOY!! do I have a lot to remember. BTW anything you need from me and Jepp??

Guest macman4

I use Game Commander 3. Works great. Although it is limited. I use it for the main numbers :ie in RC # 7 is reply to the message, and # 1 is contact the controller. I have #7 set up as "roger" and #1 set up as "roger contact"..... I also use a little free software called "QuickSoundSwitch" http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de/ If you have USB headset and for instance 5.1 speakers for your PC you can have the voices in RC come through your headset and all other sounds come through the speakers hooked up to your PC. Bob

we may need to talk.in v5, the menu text will play a bigger role in the menu system, not the numbers. the numbers may change from controller to controller, from stratum to stratum, from phase of flight to another1 will always be acknowledge, 2 will always be ack and contact, 6 will always be repeat (unless they are changed on the keyboard menu)but if we could make game commander understand, for instance"lear 5rc, needs to leave the frequency to get weather" - maybe it only needs to know "leave frequency", then we can define the key strokes to get through the menus, to get the weather.i'm not describing it very well.i don't suppose game commander know how to talk to fsuipc, that would be too easy.can game commander pass the string of words to a program? i wish i had the time to delve into this more, i just have these other priorities to focus on in v5 at the moment.also on the sounds, good tip on putting one programs sounds onto one sound device, and let fs go to another sound device. again, another one of those things i would like to get too, but, there is VFR to finish.send me an email at jd@jdtllc.com - maybe we can do some work in parallel.jd

Guest macman4

jd, "can game commander pass the string of words to a program?" I think it can. You can make up any phrase in GC3 and apply it to a key push, or multiple key pushes and it will apply it, if that what you mean.When I use GC3 in RC I only have a few words for the numbers"I have #7 set up as "roger" and #1 set up as "roger contact"..... because like you said when you change freqs the same numbers may mean something else. In that case i just set GC to respond to saying the RC number command instead of using the key push. I also have it set up to follow commands in FS9. In GC you make profiles. In my RC3 profile, I have a few commands for RC and many for FS9 :IE flaps down, gear up..... Theses are all in the same profile. Kinda hard to explain. much easier to show or talk. jd looking foward to the new Radar Contact. Bob

Guys,Also checkout http://www.dwvac.com/ 'Voice Activated Commands'.You can set up just about anything to work with voice activation using this software.RegardsIan

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Guest prdant

Following Ian's suggestion I downloaded the trial and will more than likely purchase this after the trial period. It has been working very well so far.Thanks Ian

HelloHave a look at SHOOT 1.6.4http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/Very similar to VAC but freeware and has a better PTT mode and command editorAlternativly try FlightAssistant available in the libraryAll of these types of programs are just frontends to the Free Microsoft SAPI 5.1 software so why pay money for one

Guest prdant

I have downloaded this and will look at it later, question though. Is this compatible with Vista and speech recognition within. Also is there a voice to text interface or as I noticed in the docs a lot of xml typing.Thanks for the info

HelloI do not know about vista compatability, but i cant see why not it is only a front end for SAPI 5.1.Using the Command Editor there is no XML coding neededHere is a screenshot with the Shoot Application on the right and the command editor on the left, also open is the popup keyboard available by pressing F1 this allows you to enter keyboard macros easilyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181498.jpg

Guest prdant

Thanks, I'll give it a look see when I get home.

Guest prdant

Thanks for the info, I downloaded this but looking through the folder I don't find any guides or tutorials. Am I missing something, do I repeat the commands using voice or simply type in the commands and related keystrokes.Many thanks

HelloJust type them in and add the keystrokesUnder Command you enter the name of the commandunder phrase type the phrase you will say to activate the commandunder action on the right side pane enter the keystroke for the commandThere are a couple of command files in the library load these and see what is going on with them.FlightAssistant 2.2 (also freeware)has a much easier built in editorand works just as well as shootI am using shoot at the moment as i can assign a wave file to play on command recognised as my motherboard and case have no built in beeper.FlightAssistant can use only the system beeper to signal command recognised.FlightAssistant library linkhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...tils&DLID=39661http://www.freewebs.com/reading1871/30.jpg

Guest prdant

Well either I have the worst luck or I am just to dumb to be flying but I cannot get either of the freeware working and after paying for VAC I cannot get an activation code. Back to the keystrokes....Thanks for trying