Sign in to follow this  
golli

Dauntless SimPlates X with RC ??

Good day JD and thanks for your reply.>No embarrasing "turn-aways" on an IFR approach, because of>inaccurate info from the IFR SimPlates X charts (like>sometimes in the PSS 777).>"not sure what that means. but one thing that has been a plague since >the first fs add ons. when the real world airport adds or closes a >runway, and it's not reflected in the fs world, does it really >matter?>if a vor is added or decommissioned, or changed, and the change isn't >reflected in fs, does it matter? can navigate to a vor with a new >freq >of 123.45, when fs still has the vor's freq as 122.45"By "turn-away's" I mean: You have manged a successful flight and have been vectored all the way to final, selected the RWY in the cdu and all is well. Get clearence, push the LOC button and wham I'm thundering AWAY from the RWY. This has only happened to me in the PSS 777, and I have found out that the NAV radios were tuned to a different frequency. I really have no idea what database PSS get their numbers from, but I have never experienced this in my LDS 767, PMDG 747 or F1ATR72.But if I'm to get serious about my flying, I'm dropping the FS9 ATC (getting RC) and a plate package, such as the Dauntless one:http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/SimPlates/But if I'm dialing those NAV radios myself, I better have the correct (FS9) database, right?? RC gets it's numbers from the FS database (or so I'm told in the RC manual). So I'm wandering if those Simplates use the same database?? Or, are they using real-world plates that may have some numbers, not in use by FS9.The Dauntless Software company has a horrible support mechanism, a form to fill out and get an email back with an reference number to your question. All rather slow. Anyway, I just thought that some RC users were using those Simplates, as they are not coming to market now, there is an older version in existance that I have never seen.Golli.

I used Simplates 2004. The plates were based on DAFIF data from about 2003. They do not cover all international airports but most majoy and many others are covered. That version also had FAA preferred routes, FAA and NIMA Airport Facility tables and other information.I do not know where their current data comes from.I do not know if they have added any route maps to their collection.Simplates occasionally releases update packs expanding their coverage.For FAA jurisdiction I use FAA data available on-line from them or more conveniently from flightaware.com. Be aware that on-line information is usually current and may not necessarily match your FS or aircraft navigation database.