Sign in to follow this  

Blurry Textures

you mean AGP aperture size?I have 64 and I can change only to 256 i think.

Guest PaulL01

>Great shot... >>Now post one over SLC, looking down the Wasatch range... >The terrain mesh there is much more varied, and more >textures are in use than a simple repetition of farmland... >And as a sidenote to my comment about being fair to >users--any still shot can be posted showing no blurries... >They do happen on all systems from time to time, but if one >waits, they also clear on most systems.... IMHO, >screenshots related to blurries are a waste of time and lead >users to draw the wrong conclusions, and cause them to chase >the wrong solutions-- unless posted to specifically show the >effects of varying LOD and anisotropic settings... >>-John There are some good things in this thread as it is a good rounding out of the different approaches, but I would caution against using advice that applies to a GF3 on a GF2MX and visa versa etc as I dont see to many specs of what X person is using etc when offering advice.All of the "tweaks"; LOD -0.1, aniso 16 or 32tap, the FS2k2.cfg offer great enhancements and if one goes into these with eyes wide open as to the fact that image quality gains usually result in some amount of performance hit there is much greater image quality to be enjoyed than what the folks at Nvidia and MS have given us access to. Its a valid point that Mgbottled has pointed out about freeing up resources by turning down/off some of the detail and one of the first things to try when looking for a way to optimize as it will give you a good indication of what can be expected out of any given machine as well as one of the best places to start from.It is also what is so often a problem in trying to relay good optimization tips as many of us use or deal with folks who are using midrange hardware or less and want it to perform like high end, well it just isn't going to happen and it isn

Paul I don't have any fps hit with the anisotropy lod -1 etc.Now we are talking about extreme blur with an little cessna,if you check the picture, with an 1.5 ghz thats blurry thing is weirds far and below the aircraft. see BA767 picture.Compare this one with his one.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

"Did you calculate based on mipmap level memory requirements and for best results did you use a fixed swap file or let windows do its thing?"First, that's a loaded question :) I don't suggest a fixed swap file for "best results" and I'd reprimand any of my techs for going against that advice--it is a holdover from the days systems had 64 megs (or less) of RAM. I feel I'm a fairly well qualified person to make that statement...so I won't go any further on that one. I based my observations on simple RAM usage, using System Monitor to track RAM usage over time.... Bearing in mind I only have a 256 meg system, I became curious when I applied the tweak, and my system started writing to the swap file. So I ran system monitor with and without the tweak applied. Without it, I was averaging between 80-100 meg free, and with it, free RAM would drop to around 50 megs, causing Windows to write to the swap file, which it will do preemptively with remaining RAM, even when the ConservativeSwapFileUsage flag is set (which has nothing to do with a fixed swap file, for the uninitiated).... I do see a difference, a better blending of textures into the difference, but it wasn't worth it for me, Perhaps if I ever get off my lazy bones and plop another 256 megs in my system, I'll reconsider... My system just hasn't been afflicted with the blurries as much as some of the folks have shown, my results since switching to the GeF 2 pretty much mirror what L. Adamson is getting, but I still argue that the screenshots can mislead folks into thinking that the textures are always that "pristine"....

"I feel I'm a fairly well qualified person to make that statement..":-lol You don't have to be qualified or not, any person can see this problem, you missed the point here. All people know about the blur, but in this case there is major problem with the BA767 picture.

As always, I love your SLC shots... I was hoping you'd fall for the bait :)So folks can get an idea of what the mesh does for SLC, here's an "unmeshed" shot of my fav 757....:-John

"...in this case there is major problem with the BA767 picture...." No argument there...that's why I suggested to Chris that before one suggests the classic tweaks, one needs to examine what's happening with BA767.... And that was even before BA767 posted his picture! So whooz missing the point? :-beerchug(just in case 'ya missed it, here's what I wrote: .."the author of the thread reports blurry textures under the aircraft, especially whenchanging views--whereas the nvidia tweaks and terrain radius tweaks are geared toward improving distant scenery.")

I think I know what mipmaps are Chris.... I'm not being critical of the SLC pics.... I want people to see how the mesh improves the scenery---where did I complain about the quality of his pics? They are outstanding, and I wish he'd post more!

>As always, I love your SLC shots... I was hoping you'd fall >for the bait :) >John----If I didn't fall for the "bait", I probably wouldn't be sim flying much! :) Seems half the fun is doing comparisons, testing, & so forth! L.Adamson

JohnCi, I understand but still, but in the BA767 picture he fly with an slow cessna not with an high speed boeing, no mesh around etc. his blur is extreme, even if he turn off the mesh and autogen, it is not normal at this point, even worst his system is better than mine. There is blur, but not ultra blur, this is the problem.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

nothing help for me, if anyone will have any idea, please email me Jachu757@nyc.rr.com , thanks for all replies.Thank YouJacek

yeah, I try everything, mesh terrain 20, 25, 30, 40.........and still same:(((, every other games work great.Jacek