Sign in to follow this  
Guest sangamg

Traffic Go-Arounds

Guest sangamg

HiI am using RC with Fs9.1 on vista and I love this app..however I have few questions :As advertised the ATC will put you on hold if there is traffic circling around at the airport. I however never get the HOLD instruction. Also when I am approaching , I would see AI Traffic come right in front of me and start decending...I always ultimately have to reduce my speed . After that I see the ATC just tells the Traffic to Go Around and now I am seeing lots of Go-Arounds at the airport.Anyway I can fix this?Cheers,Spiff

Guest sangamg

I did read that before..what about the AI bumping in right in front of me?

Guest sangamg

>I did read that before..what about the AI bumping in right in>front of me?I always create my flightplans using fs2004 VOR - VOR option.

"I did read that before"Then why ask the question? :-hmmm "what about the AI bumping in right in front of me?"I'll leave that to one of the ai experts on the team to answer.Pete

Is the last VOR within 5nms of the destination and have you selected Holding "On" before you start RC?Pete

use something like aismooth to space the ai out a little biti only move ai out of your way on final, when you are on tower frequency.if they jump ahead of you while on approach frequency, then i don't do anything with them.sounds like aismooth might be an option. or turn down the % of ai a little bit to get some breathing roomjd

Guest sangamg

>use something like aismooth to space the ai out a little bit>>i only move ai out of your way on final, when you are on tower>frequency.>>if they jump ahead of you while on approach frequency, then i>don't do anything with them.>>sounds like aismooth might be an option. or turn down the % of>ai a little bit to get some breathing room>>jdThanks for the reply. I will try with AiSmooth, but if you do enable AISmooth it will put all aircraft on holding but yours...wont that disable any traffic based HOLDS near the airport ?

i was suggesting ai smooth to get the ai from cutting in front of you on finalit has nothing to do with holdsholds are based on the last checkpoint being less than 5 miles from the airport, being a vor, and then whether you have the setting to be on or off. if you choose weather, then weather and time of day enter into the equationall explained in the manualjd

Guest sangamg

>i was suggesting ai smooth to get the ai from cutting in>front of you on final>>it has nothing to do with holds>>holds are based on the last checkpoint being less than 5 miles>from the airport, being a vor, and then whether you have the>setting to be on or off. if you choose weather, then weather>and time of day enter into the equation>>all explained in the manual>>jdThanks for the explanation. Last question !If I choose weather from the holds...will it enable holds due to traffic as well ? I am using 4.2 on vista btw.

weather is based on the weather, number of runways, time of day. not ai in the area. i can't see that far ahead, to tell how many ai are landing where you are landingexplained in the manualjd