Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

Crotchety Controller

Hi Ken and PeteAs aresult of flying a flight and replicating Kens problem jd has confirmed that the initial QNH advisory given by the approach controller is an error which will be rectified in v5.Norman

Not sure you need any more info on this as you seem to have nailed it down. It is not limited to Europe however; I just got a QNH advisory along with an intermediate descent clearance to an altitude that was still above the transition altitude for the area.Mainly because of reading this thread I was aware of the transition altitude and did not change the altimeter setting. This occurred near Providencialles International in the Turks and Caicos - ICAO code MBPV. The transition altitude there is listed as 3,000 feet.

>Radar Contact gives you a lot of help in deciding which>pressure setting you should be using but, as 'Michelle of the>Resistance' would say, you must listen very carefully. :-) For she will say it only once! :-lol Cheers and Happy Christmas to all!Mike T.

>Hi Ken and Pete>>As aresult of flying a flight and replicating Kens problem jd>has confirmed that the initial QNH advisory given by the>approach controller is an error which will be rectified in>v5.>>NormanSooooooooo,this is what a "can of worms" looks like:-eek I have been away visiting the grandchildren so just getting up to speed with these developments."Pleased" to see that I am not alone - you know what I mean:-wave As this is now recognised as an "error" I will not send a log for this but will debug and create logs for future reference as-and-when.Hope everybody had/is having a greeeaaaattt holiday.Best wishes to all.

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

Ken,Glad to see that you have caught up with the news.I have flown and have just accepted the QNH advisory as that so I did not then have your problems.It just shows that a fresh mind can pick up items which have been accepted without much thought in the past.Did the grand kids enjoy themselves--Mine did!!!!!RegardsNorman

>Ken,>>Glad to see that you have caught up with the news.I have flown>and have just accepted the QNH advisory as that so I did not>then have your problems.It just shows that a fresh mind can>pick up items which have been accepted without much thought in>the past.>>Did the grand kids enjoy themselves--Mine did!!!!!>>Regards>NormanHi Norman,yes, the grandchildren had a greaaaat time (as did Grandad!).Lots of "pink" stuff for Sophie (3) and technical Lego for Sam (10).Ref the QNH..........I long ago came to realise that there is no such thing as a "daft question" except, of course, for the one that is never asked!!!I'll take the "fresh mind" as a compliment:-smile12.All the best to RC users for 2008.Geez! That's another year off my bus-pass:-violin

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.