Sign in to follow this  
allardjd

Line up and wait

This is probably more of an ATC question than an RC one, though the situation occurred in RC.I was at the hold line of the active runway at a controlled airport in Spain, ready to depart. There was a displaced threshold, so the taxiway entered the overrun area, not the runway proper, though the threshold was pretty close. The tower directed me to, "...line up and wait". I hadn't heard that term used before.Before rolling forward I looked and there was an AC on final, only about a mile out. My question is, does "line up and wait" mean the exactly the same as "position and hold"? If so, is it acceptable for an aircraft to be on the overrun area short of the threshold where an AC on approach must pass directly over the waiting AC?

you have experienced the internationalization of rcyes line up and wait is the same as position and hold.you probably shouldn't have been given that instruction with a plane on final like that.i'd like to see a .log of that, if you can ever reproduce itjd