Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Go Back to FS9 ATC After Stopping RC?

I had to go out unexpectedly last night while flying for my VA, so I used the move aircraft to here function in FSNavigator so I could land within 25 minutes, which (understandably) completely messed me up with RC v4.3. I was able to bring the FS9 ATC window back and hear the controllers speaking, and tune the radios ok, but I could never respond, call or identify myself to FS9 ATC, after shutting down RC (running WideFS configuration).From everything I've read here RC doesn't relinquish command of the keyboard after shutting down mid flight. Is that correct, or have I missed something somewhere? Is there any way, in this situation, I could've gone back to FS9s ATC so that I could be vecotred in for a landing, without losing the online connection with my VAs tracking system? I was flying San Jose to San Diego at the time.Thank you!

you could have done a couple of thingsbefore you messed rc up, by moving the plane out from under me, you could have saved an .rcd for later, and flown the rest of the way, later with rcor, stopped rc, before moving the plane. when you quit rc first, it is more of a graceful shutdown.not sure how widefs would have affected this situation.but if the keys are defined to rc, they aren't being used by anybody else (fs, add-ons, etc). so it probably wasn't me that stopped you from talking to fs9 atc.but, if you want to try and duplicate the problem, follow the steps at the top of the forum, generate a .log, cause the problem, and send me the .logjd