Sign in to follow this  
SlickNick

New User, a few issues... Dead keys?

Just got RC4.3 working this evening, read through ALL the manuals and ALL the tutorials, so I figured I was well versed in the RC procedures. Seems straightforward enough.First off, I'm running FSX SP2 and Vista 64bit.To start, I could not import a FSX flightplan, because I was missing a DLL file. Checked the FAQ, downloaded the file, and I was golden. Fired up FSX and imported my plan into RC and it worked. In FSX, I disabled all the ATC options that I was supposed to. Now, when pressing some of the number keys to select my appropreate choices, they would only work about half the time. So I figure, okay, I'll change them in case of conflict. So I make it instead of pressing 1, 2, 3, etc that it's Crtl+1, Ctrl+2, etc. Fired up FSX and RC again, and it worked much better, until I got airborne. Then turned enroute and intercepted my track as requested, then when I went to "notam on course" to tell ATC I was on course, I couldn't push anything. Keyboard still worked. Tried a bunch of keys, etc but it's as though RC stoped "listening" for my presses. Alt tabbed out, and RC was still running fine, but just not picking up on my key presses or anything.Secondly, I had my stock ATC routed through my headset on my second sound card, and everything else on my surround speakers. Can I do that again? Now RC and main sounds come on my speakers and I don't like that.Other than that, RC seems sweet! I just need to get so that it accepts commands for more than 10 minutes!Any help anyone can provide is appreciated.Nick

when the keys don't work, it's almost always something else that is using the keys, and they never get to me.sometimes the problem is, find what the other program is. so next time, run fsx, rc, stock ms plane, and see if all is well. then change your plane, if you are using a 3rd party plane. if that works, then add your other add-ons, one at a time.in vista, you can direct the sound from any program to any sound device. shouldn't be a problemi have 64bit vista sp1 rc1 refresh, nvidia 8800gtx. when i try to load sp2, i'm told that i don't meet the minimum video card requirements. do you have any problems like that?jd

I'll try that right away. And no I don't get that message regarding the minimum requirements.

Figured out the cause and solution. What was happening, is I'd bring up the GPS window , and as soon as I did that I couldn't select any RC options. Checked to see if any of the RC keys were mapped to the GPS, and nope. So, I thought okay, the "focus" is not on the RC window, so I clicked on it, and still nothing. I clicked on the main panel however, and RC worked well. It seems that RC needs to have Flightsim's "focus" on the main panel to accept commands. JD, can you try this out and verify that it's not just me having the problem? I definitly think it would make a worthwhile addition to the FAQ.

Still trying to figure out how to set the RC audio to come from my headset only. Tried this: http://kevingc.blogspot.com/2007/03/window...ixer-trick.htmlBut it didn't stick. Can you walk me through how to do it in Vista? Also, I thought if I entered my flight number as 10 86 it would read "ten eighty six" but it still says "one zero eight six." what's up with that?

depending on where you fly, 1086 will be ten eighty-six or one zero eight sixi don't have two sound cards in my machine, so i can't help. there is probably some help in vista on how to do itjd

No, Vista doesn't allow you liek XP does. What I kinda did was make my headset my primary, sicne FSX SP2 lets you pick seperate sound sources. Then I made all my "primary" fsx sounds come through the speakers. Worked okay for some stuff, but then all my Level D clicks, etc came through the default headset. So I just put it back to everythign coming out of the speakers. For RC V5 I'd be inclined to put in the options a sound output selection.

Guest CW466

JD, When flying Radar Contact in Australia the callsigns are not grouped, e.g., "one zero eight six." But Australia actually uses grouped callsigns in real life, e.g., "ten eighty six", "one forty two" etc.Can this be corrected for future versions?