Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

RC 4 not picking up local airport as a waypoint

Today I made a flight from KSFO to KRNO:KSFO 73CA SWR KRNOMy GPS in the LD B-767 showed the complete flight plan (including a small calif. airport, 73CA). RC4 did not show the 73CA waypoint and had me heading for VOR "SWR" after leaving KSFO and of course the ATC kept yelling at me for heading for 73CA instead of SWR.Will not RC4 use small airports as waypoints and if so, how do I set up the flight plan to use them ? Thanks Jeryycwo4

i don't think airports are going to work as checkpoints in the flight plan. is there a nearby vor, ndb that you could usejd

THanks for the info. I have tried this with a few other flights with a airport mixed in whith VOR's. I had just installed FSGenesis Mesh and I was trying to track over the MOST, highest mountains on a flightplan. In such cases I guess that I'll have to stick with the default air controler. jerrycwo4

I'm not entirely sure, may have to ask the r/w controllers & pilots, but I think an airport is *not* a valid waypoint in a IFR flight plan. Of course, NDB, VORs, etc are, but airports are not.Just thought I'd give you a heads up, before someone with r/w experience chimes in :()Subs

Guest RobA

What about creating a GPS checkpoint nearby that airport in your flight plan? Would that work?Rob