Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Should I get German Airports? The pics look great.

I'm interested in getting some scenery. What do you think of German Airports? Do they only sell this scenery in "singles" or can you buy a "boxed" version with several sceneries?The monster question is...........how are the FPS? Anyway, anyone care to offer some advice/criticism on GAP?My specs:P4 1.8aAsus P4T-e mb1024 mb Mushkin rambusG4 Ti-4600XP HomeEtc.ThanksPS. What about Simflyers scenery? Those look good as well.

Hi Brad,GAP are excellent, and very easy on framerates. Yes, they also come in a box - well, three, actually - available from www.aerosoft.com .As far as Simflyers is concerned, I only have Newark, and that runs OK, not as good as GAP, but then, there's quite dense default scenery around it, so I wouldn't compare the framerates directly to GAP, where there's nothing by way of default scenery. My system specs are:AMD Athlom 1GHz,ATI Radeon 7200 64MB,192MB RAM,Some old Aureal Sound Card.I fly PIC and the PSS Airbus into GAP frequently, even with lots of traffic on Vatsim, I have not experienced any problems (Don't know the exact FPS, but it's smooth).Hope this helps,Cheers,Gosta.

Guest gasebah

Dear Brad,the GAPs are in my opinion the best available scenery add-on for FS2002. For the most part that is because they offer great detail and (!) good framerates. They are programme very intelligently and with frame rates in mind.You can also read my review at www.simmarket.com.Rgds,Alex

I agree with all the above comments - I've had the series, and all the updates from FS98 thru to FS2002. Good detail, excellent frame rates, and they have put out AI patches.Check out the designers pages at www.germanairports.netBoxed and single downloads are available from www.simmarket.comA fourth edition of the series is due out this year, and screenshots are posted at the German Airports site.Rob

I would rate GAP second only to Austrian Airports. Both outstanding. You won't go wrong with any of them. If I were to choose one only for now, I would go for Austrian A.

My only concern with them is the price. The singles are more expensive than the boxes, but those cost too (especially if you're interested in only a small number of them rather than the entire set).I tried Simflyers. Detail is stunning, performance is poor, visual distance is extremely short (or the performance would be even worse).On your machine it should be a bit better, but try it out first...

Thanks for the replies everyone! I will get my copy of GAP ASAP!!! Now where can I find this Austrian Airports scenery? I would love to see some pics.Thanks again!-Brad

Thank you very much. Looks awesome!