Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Flightscenery Portland

For some reason RC does not recognize the Flightscenery Portland airport. When I load a fp to or from KPDX there is no info on the Controller Info page. Even if I try KPDX as an alternet, RC doesn't seem to find it, I get no radio info. I've rebuilt the scenery but even that didn't help.An ideas on what the problem may be?Dave F.

RC Ver 4.2, no idea about markerways. Just tried CYVR-CYXC and the same thing happened with CYXC.Dave

go to the fs directory, and find the makerwys.exehover over it, and the version number will be revealed.is this a widefs or rc/fs on the same machine?jd

You need an update to RC v4.3. You also need the latest makerwys from the links posted in the pinned topic.JD will provide a link for your update of RC.Back up your current version of makerwys.exe in a separate folder outside of FS. After installing the latest makerwys.exe in your FS folder, run the scenery rebuild utility from RC again.If you still have airport problems with specific scenery try this:Make a folder on the same drive where FS is located called AF2S or whatever name you wish. Under this folder created a folder called scenery so the path might look like c:AF2Sscenery. For any problem airport where an afcad file usually called AF2_ is available move that AF2_ file to that scenery folder you just created above.Start FS and go to the SettingsScenery Library. Add the AF2S folder leaving it near the top (lowest number) of the list. Exit FS. (You only need to do this once). Start FS and it will reindex its scenery files (and will do so any time you add another file to the AF2Sscenery folder). Close FS, open RC and run the Scenery Database Utility. Close RC and restart it. Load you flight plan with your problem airport and see if it is correctly recognized.What is happening is that you have moved the scenery AF2_ file to a top priority insuring that when the RC scenery database utility is run, the AF2 is given top priority. The utility gets it priorities from the FS scenery ordered list and this procedure insures another afcad like component used in some sceneries does not get priority over the scenery AF2 file deleting the properties of the AF2 file.Later versions of makerwys.exe (it must be run from within RC) recognizes some of these afcad like scenery.bgls that would delete runway information from the RC database but occasionally it might not catch this when the AF2_ file resides in the same scenery folder in your add-on scenery folder, so the procedure I described is a workaround.

Guest AirForcePilot

I had the same problem a week ago flying from KSEA to KPDX using Flight Scenery Portland. I have RC 4.3 and the most recent makerwys but RC never vectored me for an approach or gave a descent clearance or nothing. I just cancelled IFR with RC and flew a full approach from the IAF. It was as if the airport wasn't even there from RC's point of view.

Guest AirForcePilot

And yes I did rebuild the scenery database incase you were going to ask :)

and can you duplicate the problem, with debug running?when you say the most recent version of makerwys, doesn't say anything. give a version number.jd

Guest AirForcePilot

I have FSUIPC 3.7.5.0 and Makerwys 4.2.5.0

if makerwys isn't finding the runways correctly, maybe the scenery.cfg file is messed up.there are several scenery.cfg validators available. see if you can find one, and run it against your scenery.cfg fileor post it here, and one of my beta testers can look at it.are there any updates to the scenery, by the developer that you haven't applied?jd

Guest AirForcePilot

The only update was the Ultimate Terrain compatibility. I have UT and installed that update right after installing Portland. When I install my sceneries every time I format my computer, I always do the UT's, Ground Env., Flight Env., etc.. and then install the individual airports and their updates. It seems to work out pretty good. I've done so much flying with RC over the years I can't remember if I've had this problem with any other airports...... I do still get the occassional "your 20 miles from the marker, fly XXX to intercept the localizer, cleared......" and never end up hitting the approach properly.

The way I solved how RC4 doesn't recognize an AFCAD, in particular KPDX, is rename the AFCAD to zzzAF2_KPDX.bgl. Then rebuild the scenery database. Viola! I do this for every AFCAD that RC4 doesn't recognize. Works every time.